Lowell and defaults

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

i am new, have checked the FAQ's but couldn't find anything - however apologies if the subject has been brought up before.

Briefly - i have been defaulted twice for the same debt, as shown on my equifax report.

Original debt was credit card, amount £1,160.

The debt was sold to Westcot. ~This bit is in my linked address and under a previous address.. Date updated 25/5/03. Default date entered as 30/4/03. Status default. Amount £1,160.

There is a note underneath this to say customer gone away. I never received this default notice.

The same debt i believe was sold to Lowell and they placed a default on my current address on 25/10/06. Default date 30/4/03, all same details as before. I was not aware a default was placed until i saw in on my credit report. They recently sent me a statutory demand after which point, whether right or wrong, i contacted them and offered £900 as full settlement, which they have accepted and i have paid.

Where do i stand regarding

1. not ever receiving any default notice

2. westcot and lowell both placing defaults for the same debt - is this allowed

all help much appreciated as i need to be armed with all specific info before i approach them.

many thanks.

Hi,

I am new, so hello, i did post a thread in the welcome forum but wasnt sure how to move it to here to try get more response...

Credit card debt for £1,160.

Wescot placed default in May 2003 on my linked old address, default date of April 2003. never received the default notice. Underneath says 'customer gone away'.

Lowell Portfolio 1 bought the debt and placed another default on my current address. This was placed in Oct 2006 on my credit file. i never received a default notice. Same default date and debt amount etc. They recently sent an SD. I have since contcated them and, whether right or wrong, offered full settlement of £900 which they accepted and i paid.

How do i go about:

1. the two defaults for the same debt

2. not ever receiving a default notice

Thanks

Welcome Belle,

Make a Subject Access Request (template in library) to the card provider (not Wescot or Lowell), to include a copy of your original agreement. Then see the thread Consumer Credit Agreements and follow any advice about disputing the original debt.

Also see my later posts which I am making with my crystal ball!

Good Luck

Tide

many thanks Tide...

does all the helpful procedure you outlined apply even though i have paid the debt? At best, will i only be able to get one default removed?

Thank you