Pink V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being directed to your site by a happy user a few days ago, I have decide to reclaim the charges made to my accounts by Halifax. I shredded all of my statements so have sent a DPA today, though they probably won't receive it until Monday.

I have read a few of the cases and the turnaround seems faster than I thought, GOOD! as that means any refunds I get can help pay off the debt I have incurred thanks to the charges by Halifax!

Halifax CCA letter sent 3 May

2 x CL Finance letters sent 3 May

Halifax and CL letters received 6 May

Halifax responded with valid CCA, but need to query default

CL Finance failed to provide CCA by 2 July - letter sent

Good luck with your claim! i've just received a (swifter than expected) reply from the DPA letter. So fingers crossed they'll get their arse in gear for you too.

keep us all updated with whats happening, this is a great place to get help, i was extremely uncertain to begin with, but thanks to everyone here i'm so pleased and confident in what i'm now doing. :D

Just been looking through statements from my new account, Northern Rock for any charges and have found that Sky have been taking monthly payments since last September. This is when my husband took over the payments, so I am about to contact them for a refund of a few hundred pounds. Hooray. Doesn't say much for me though, I never checked statements, but I will now, and its only thanks to this site that I have checked.

Northern Rock are great by the way, I dont have an overdraft on this account but have had DDs, cheques and debit card payments make me go over 0.00 each month (yes i am crap with my own money) but they have only taken one charge, which is for going over the overdraft, £28. Not one for each transaction.

Just checked on the post office website and Halifax received my DPA request on 31st of May.

40 days from then is 10th July. I'll be waiting.....

You seem to be doing everything right but I just wanted to let you know your posts are getting read.

Please keep us informed on your progress.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

It would be for your benefit only, as 1st class letter are deemed to have been delivered in 2 working days.

Sometimes recorded letter are not updated on the RM website, but that doesn't mean they haven't arrived.

You can all get a FREE certificate of posting from your post office............

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 months later...

Bumping my thread as couldn't find it since last posting.

Have had all statements back except one account. Will sort that out at a later date.

Worked out charges and need to send the next letter.

If anyone reads this, does it matter that I have not stuck to time limits? e, i didn't immediately send the letter once I received the statements?

I don't think it matters - as you have not really started any action yet. i took a few dasy to go through and double check I hadn't missed any charges - good luck!

:-|Dan Vs Halifax

1/08/06 Prelim letter sent - claiming £1,614 :o

6/08/06 Standard letter received

15/08/06 LBA sent

16/08/06 Offer of £350 received

30/08/06 Money claim filed :)

5/09/06 Halifax Defending claim....

9/09/06 Halifax settled in full £1800 including costs :D :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks