Ripoffstopper - V - Natwest Now Going Back 20 Years!

ripoffstopper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just written to NatWest asking if they keep copies of statements twenty years old and if so, how much they'll charge to supply them up to September 1992.

I have some statements for 1988 - 1992 but would like earlier copies.

Does NWSM know how far back NatWest records go?

More importantly can anyone supply me with historical Natwest interest rates for between 1982 and 1992? I've got copies of the Bank of England base rates for this period. But typically how much over the base rate would NatWest have charged on a current account?

All help will be gratefully received.

ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey mate........... you're going for it aren't you?????? Phew!!!!!!!!

One of our members is a current Nat West bank employee and his advice is pretty much second to none where Nat West are concerned. I personally couldn't even begin to advise you on this one!!

Hang on, and hopefully NATTIE'll be online at some point this evening. He'll deffo be able to advise you further on this one and let you know if it's worth pursuing.

Good luck - and welcome on board!!! Hedgey xxx :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Cheers Hedgey, I've seen posts from Nattie and would hope that they may be able to assist with the interest question. It would also be useful to know how many years back in time that NatWest can go, to supply statements.

ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Hold on for NATTIE - hopefully he'll be on soon. With the statements, I definitely remember Nattie saying something about 2002 - e.g., when RBS group took over Nat West. Think they changed computer systems or something. But hold on as NATTIE should be along on in a little while. Can't wait to see the outcome of this one............. looks like a really intriguing thread already ROS!!!!!! xx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oh my God :eek: ............. just had a quick look through and.......... oh my God :eek: !!!! What more can I say???? One tough cookie who stood her ground and took no cr*p from the banks!!!! Phew!!!!!

I'll definitely be watching your thread now ROS....... given that I reckon most of my charges occurred before 2001!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for you on this one.......... best of luck!!!!!!!!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hold on for NATTIE - hopefully he'll be on soon. With the statements, I definitely remember Nattie saying something about 2002 - e.g., when RBS group took over Nat West. Think they changed computer systems or something. But hold on as NATTIE should be along on in a little while. Can't wait to see the outcome of this one............. looks like a really intriguing thread already ROS!!!!!! xx :D

NatWest Charges since 1991

this might help

scott

I have received a reply from NatWest today. In reply to this request:-

During the nineteen eighties and nineteen nineties up to September 1992 I held two accounts with The Bank.

Can you please tell me how much The Bank will charge me to supply copy bank statements from 1st January 1980 to 30th September 1992 in respect of both accounts?

I understand that I can make a request under the DPA for all electronic information that The Bank holds on me, though I wonder if this particular request is outside the scope of the relevant legislation.

They have asked me to provide a payment of £5 for a "complete list of transactions and charges applied to my accounts (2) under the DPA.

They have not said that they do not keep records as far back as January 1980 which was the specific date that I requested information from. So we will wait and see.....................

Regards

ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Nattie will be able to help you with this one . Usually logs on early evening. Not sure ,but i think

Nat West records go back to the early nineties. Nattie will enlighten you no doubt.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Guest NATTIE

My understanding is that interview notes as part of the sar will have that info on them and in time i am sure i will be asked to explain them to people who receive them which should not be a problem. I think 1991/92 although i have a feeling that statements, per se may not be available as far back as the early nineties, but mid nineties. On this one i am happy to be proved wrong on this last point.

*****A note to everyone else, scott has been kind enough to have on the charges thread from 1991(thanks to Michael Browne) can i ask that if you have the info prior to that to add it to the thread which i may get the title changed or update it if necessary. I have posted this on thread as those claiming that far back may be able to help or maybe looking into it already.

• 2 weeks later...

Well two weeks since I sent my fiver and still waiting....................

Anyway, it will give me time to research compound interest, commercial interest etc. Is there a compound interest spreadsheet available anywhere please?

Can anyone suggest what sort of interest I should be claiming - particularly on a claim going back this far (1987/88)?? As the amount given the time elapsed will be enormous HEE HEE HEE.

Well two weeks since I sent my fiver and still waiting....................

Anyway, it will give me time to research compound interest, commercial interest etc. Is there a compound interest spreadsheet available anywhere please?

Can anyone suggest what sort of interest I should be claiming - particularly on a claim going back this far (1987/88)?? As the amount given the time elapsed will be enormous HEE HEE HEE.

Hi david

U should have sent £10 as reading through other threads they mess about sending back the fiver the SAR fee is £10 (i believe nat west will tell you its £5 if u ask how much etc),Anyway regarding the interest u can get the amounts from YOUR statements.....

Spread sheet as requested

Scott

Download v1.9

Thanks for the spreadsheet Scott. i saw the Ripoffstopper had sent Natwest a fiver so I did the same. Maybe thats why I'm still waiting for a reply.

I would still like to know if I can claim Compound or commercial or simple interest. If anyone can help?

regards dp

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Thanks for the spreadsheet Scott. i saw the Ripoffstopper had sent NatWest a fiver so I did the same. Maybe thats why I'm still waiting for a reply.

I would still like to know if I can claim Compound or commercial or simple interest. If anyone can help?

regards dp

u CAN CLAIM EITHER

Its up to u what u claim the spread sheet works out everything for u

have a play with the SS and read some CI threads then make a decision

hope this helps

scott

Well folks, three weeks after writing to NatWest to see if they could supply information going back twenty years. I received a letter saying send us your fiver and the info is yours!:)

So I did along with my name and address and bank account numbers (2).

I received a reply yesterday saying that due to insufficient information they could not help me. They require open and close dates for each account, sort code and account numbers.:(

How pathetic, they had my name and address and account number and surely that is enough to trace an account.

Anyway sent another letter with the missing information. They won't get rid of me that easily.:p

On another point, I'm a bit concerned about how the claim is ramping up when I use contractual interest rather than statutory 8%. When I've calculated the size of the claim including CI I'll post again and seek further advice as I would not wish to jeopardise the claim if the monetary figure seems too high as it's way beyond the six years statute of limitations8-)

I'll be back.......... ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

Guest NATTIE

The info should exist under the SAR as a minimum form 1991/92 to 2002 notes relating to charges does exist(is that ok to post that info?)

On another point, I'm a bit concerned about how the claim is ramping up when I use contractual interest rather than statutory 8%. When I've calculated the size of the claim including CI I'll post again and seek further advice as I would not wish to jeopardise the claim if the monetary figure seems too high as it's way beyond the six years statute of limitations

are u saying that if the claim is to big they might not pay out???

Do u think they will risk disclosure of costs even if your case was for £500k.......i think not

I would go for as much as u can as the claim size makes NO difference whether its £150 or £150k you are reclaiming your money and you are charging the bank the same rate that they were charging you..........................

Max the nat west claim

Go 4 it, at the last resort you could accept the 8% but as u have seen there is ahuge difference in the payouts

Scott

Well Scott, you've convinced me that I should go for the higher rate and be damned - well THEY will be damned.

Watch this space for the size of the claim once I get my info from them.

On a totally different matter can you assist noomill060 ? I had a Citicard credit card that I settled over a year ago. They are refusing under CCA 1974 section 77(1)/78(1) to supply a copy of the executed agreement. I have requested a copy under the DPA offering to pay my £10 and their response is the account is now closed and they no longer have an obligation to supply a copy of the executed document. They have though sent me what they claim is an electronic version of my application which is a lot of numbers and letters which means nothing to me. So noomill060 is this legal, or do they have to supply a copy of the agreement to me? They obviously know why I'm requesting it.

Regards ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR

:o :o :o :o :o :o

WELL ARE YOU ALL SITTING DOWN?

I DECIDED NOT TO WAIT FOR NatWest TO REPLY TO MY S.A.R. I HAVE GONE THROUGH SOME OF MY OLD STATEMENTS FROM AUGUST 1989 TO AUGUST 1992 AND THE TOTAL IN PENALTY CHARGES AMOUNTS TO £2,928

USING CI AND THE SPREADSHEET DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SITE (V1.9)

THE TOTAL CLAIM AMOUNTS TO £160,000 !!!!!!!

WHAT ARE COBBETTS GOING TO MAKE OF MY CLAIM? OUTSIDE THE 6 YEARS STATUTE AND IN EXCESS OF £150,000.

I THINK I NEED SOME ADVICE WITH THIS CLAIM IN ORDER TO KEEP IT IN A COURT SYSTEM THAT WILL NOT INCUR HORRENDOUS LEGAL FEES. YOUR ADVICE WOULD BE MOST WELCOME.

THANKS ROS

RiPoFfStOpPeR