Cherylmarie Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all!

I just heard about this and have spent the weekend looking through the forums. Phoned Halifax today to get my statements, Getting them from when i opened the account in 1998. They said it should take 7-10 days so fingers crossed! (cost £5) If they send them on time seems like its easier to phone then write.

Bit scared but gonna go for it, i dont think it will be a huge amount, maybe £1000 or so but worth it anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

there is no need to be scared all the people on this site are there if you need some advise.

just sick to the letters and the deadlines on them and you won't go far wrong.

good luck even though you won't need it

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

Guest littlesally

While you are waiting make use of the time by looking through the threads.

There is loads of help there. If you get stuck, post you query here and someone will help.

Michael Brown has done an amazing thread which has practically every letter you will ever need.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

It's a pity the chatroom is still closed as that place can really help with any doubts and fears you have.

Also good for just unwinding and having fun.

Still hopefully it won't be long.

It's basically a waiting game, seeing who can out stare the other - don't be the one to look away.

Many people do at this stage and give up.

Make sure you stick with the winners and you will be one!

Sally x

Hello all!

I just heard about this and have spent the weekend looking through the forums. Phoned Halifax today to get my statements, Getting them from when i opened the account in 1998. They said it should take 7-10 days so fingers crossed! (cost £5) If they send them on time seems like its easier to phone then write.

Bit scared but gonna go for it, i dont think it will be a huge amount, maybe £1000 or so but worth it anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Cherylmarie keep an I on Halifax it took them 43 days to send my statements and that was after threat of court action they took approx 2 1/2 months from start to giving in waiting for money in account now. As I say keep an eye on them they will try to delay if they can.dpick

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all thanks for your messages!

Ive had my statements through now. I asked for them over the phone on 9th April and they arrived in full on the 16th, not too bad eh!

Worked out the total amount ill be claiming is £980 :-)

Ive done the spreadsheet and prelim letter and will be sending them off recorded delivery tomorrow

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi Cherylmaire,

I'm new to all this and was just reading your story. I've got a couple of questions..

When you called to request your statements did they takee the £5 from your account there and then? Also are you claiming the £5 back? Would you recomend doing a phone request instead of a letter?

Thanks

Hi Peaches

yes they took the £5 straight away out of my account, but i'll be claiming it back! Well, i think i can claim it back anyway, not sure now you mention it! Im sure i can though...

It just seems that the SAR letter can take so long, they can probably guess that youre going to claim your charges back so maybe they try to drag it out as long as possible, whereas my statements were back in a week after I just asked for them over the phone.

I think one advantage of the SAR letter is that it is a formal request so if they dont send your info out or some of it is missing you can take action, whereas over the phone it might be more difficult. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...