• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over to you tbern....... everyones in safe hands now !

WOW :o

You guys have been very active today........

I would have just taken the easy option in explaining about Kings Hill changing their name.

If I was to change my name to Debt_Mountain, it would not make me

Debt_Moutain. If Debt_Mountain was to change his name to tbern123, he wouldn't be me.

If you have two guys called John Smith, same name but different people..

At the end of the day, Kings Hill changing to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd is just simply a change of name.

You could say that they have done it to help their customers to have a clearer understanding of the relationship of these companies.

Then again, I am sure you can think of many more less positive reasons...

As for everything else you guys have posted today.... I need a few hours to catch back up..

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have already shot themselves in the foot becaue they should have had the documents BEFORE they chased you - they never have, but that's the rules. The have purchased the debt,

I bet the banks are pi$$ing themselves laughing at the DCA who thought they were so smart buying up the debts for 10% thinking they could make 900% profit, little knowing that the bank still had the upper hand by not handing over the paper work with the assignment.

Just hope the bank have learnt from this and now charge 50% for the debt + paperwork.

I do feel for the folks who are now having their debts passed over as I would expect the well oiled machine that is Cabot/Kingshill will probably have started to plug this gap.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

WOW :o

You guys have been very active today........

I would have just taken the easy option in explaining about Kings Hill changing their name.

Debt_Moutain. If Debt_Mountain was to change his name to tbern123, he wouldn't be me.

If you have two guys called John Smith, same name but different people..

At the end of the day, Kings Hill changing to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd is just simply a change of name.

You could say that they have done it to help their customers to have a clearer understanding of the relationship of these companies.

Then again, I am sure you can think of many more less positive reasons...

As for everything else you guys have posted today.... I need a few hours to catch back up..

You see? you need tbern to put it in plain English :D

You might want to think about that tbern - did you hear about Debt Mountains sex change ? :D:D

You see? you need tbern to put it in plain English :D

You might want to think about that tbern - did you hear about Debt Mountains sex change ? :D :D

Maybe I should change my name to Ting Tong.

I also saw a great story on the news about the last duel in Scotland and it was some bloke took on his bank manager.....yes the bloke won.

So if Andrew1 does get voted in he could have "bring back duelling" in his manifesto.

heres the link to the story

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - Pistols at dawn - weapons that tell story of last fatal duel in Scotland"

Maybe I should change my name to Ting Tong.

lol, you can but I am not changing mine to Mr Dudley:D

tbern123 vs Cabot

You might want to think about that tbern - did you hear about Debt Mountains sex change ? :D :D

:eek: Yeah, I read the post about that, I think I must have missed something.....

And if you do it Debt_Moutain, you will be missing something

tbern123 vs Cabot

And if you do it Debt_Moutain, you will be missing something

What might I miss, shaving every morning? standing up to pee? leaving the seat up? not doing the housework?

Anyway Mr Dudley, have you had an SAR reply yet or got a court date?

What might I miss, shaving every morning? standing up to pee? leaving the seat up? not doing the housework?

Anyway Mr Dudley, have you had an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reply yet or got a court date?

Sadly neither...

I called the court, it will be at least another four weeks...

As for the SAR's nothing back yet about either one...

I am working on stage two at the moment.. details to follow soon :cool:

tbern123 vs Cabot

Sadly neither...

I called the court, it will be at least another four weeks...

As for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s nothing back yet about either one...

I am working on stage two at the moment.. details to follow soon :cool:

Just read all of this thread, and wish to join and help in some way..as and when I can...Have to say that Tbern is a bally hero, and I'm with you all the way..as well as the many others..debtmountain, andrew1 and others...You lot are the Mutts Nutts... (wondering if should quote the 3 musketeers here lol)....

Just hate every DCA out there

Just read all of this thread, and wish to join and help in some way..as and when I can...Have to say that Tbern is a bally hero, and I'm with you all the way..as well as the many others..debtmountain, andrew1 and others...You lot are the Mutts Nutts... (wondering if should quote the 3 musketeers here lol)....

Not sure I look like the Mutts Nuts, but you are most welcome pmhcfc - help away any which way you can - ( might give the others a rest from my lectures ! :D )

Originally posted by pmhcfc:

Well I'll say it instead One for all...and all for one" Welcome to the Cabot Fan Club pmhcfc...way it's going we'll be holding an annual dinner dance.

Welcome pmhcfc, anything you can do or add will be greatly appreciated.

After re-reading teh CCA 1974 (yes I know and yes I do have better things to be doing)

I discovered that Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (a.k.a Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd have also committed a further 3 offences under the CCA 1974. (ok same offence, but three times)

Consumer Credit Act 1974.

174 Restrictions on disclosure of information

(1) No information obtained under or by virtue of this Act about any individual shall be disclosed without his consent.

(5) Any person who discloses information in contravention of this section commits an offence.

As they have freely disclosed my information to Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd without my consent. I will add this to my notes for next time

tbern123 vs Cabot

One of the things that has really irritated me is the way our personal data is freely disclosed to any DCA. I appreciate that when you sign the credit agreement you give your permission to the original creditor to do this.

But....

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

Unfair Terms

5. - (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.

(2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.

Effect of unfair term

8. - (1) An unfair term in a contract concluded with a consumer by a seller or supplier shall not be binding on the consumer.

I know for a fact that any credit agreement I have signed has always been drafted in advance.

tbern123 vs Cabot

Can everyone please please sign this:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Introduce legislation to give better protection from harrassment by Debt Collection Agencies.

I didn't start it, but it looks like something that we all should support

tbern123 vs Cabot

I think we ought to start one - Bank to pay unlawful charges back AUTOMATICALLY without the need to stress people or insist that they use the legal process which is already chocker block to facilitate an institution which is breaking the law. Thus leaving those less fortunate folk who do not have access to the internet or time to follow a very complicated litigation regime.

I'm sure you can find a shorter way of putting it tbern !

Can everyone please please sign this:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Introduce legislation to give better protection from harrassment by Debt Collection Agencies.

I didn't start it, but it looks like something that we all should support

I've just signed.

Any chance this could be made into a sticky so all can see it?

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Tbern, I miss just one day following this thread and I've got to read pages

and pages to catch up.:D

Going back to your statement [if you can remember that far back] that you

are not Debt Mountain and Debt Mountain is not you.......

I can understand that, but the changes were effected for a reason. Also we

have to bear in mind that thanks to your beavering away, we are well

informed in the chimera like transformations that is Kingshill/Cabot. But the

vast majority of their debtors will be blithely unaware.

If you look at their notifications to the Information Commissioners Office, Cabot have submitted two more

Purposes than Kingshill. One is Private investigation, and the other is providing

advertising, marketing and PR [what?] for other companies.

What easier way for a PI company to gain details about you than to make out

that they are Cabot, instead of Kingshill, and pass on the details supplied on to Kingshill

giving both companies a legitimate reason for having your data without

the need to get your permission. and allowing the free exchange of data

whenever they want.

And even for us on the forum wishing to write to Cabot say, it will be

confusing. Do you write to Kingshill, saying FAO Cabot. And could Kingshill

justify reading your letter on the grounds that it could be for them as they

have changed their name to Cabot?

• Haha 1

LFI, I wrote specifically to Kingshill No1 Ltd and had a reply from Cabot Financial (Europe)Ltd - no mention of Kingshill or Cabot Financial UK Ltd. I acutally don't think their postroom or their staff have a clue who the letters are addressed to. It comes back Cabot Financial (Europe ) Ltd anyway.

Not sure I look like the Mutts Nuts, but you are most welcome pmhcfc - help away any which way you can - ( might give the others a rest from my lectures ! :D )

LOlL..Mutts Nuts as opposed to the dogs bo****** It was a compliment...I'll have a little dig around, see what I can find out...just a hobby of mine- not sure I'll turn up anything that hasn't been discovered before, but you never know.

LoL@ Kingshill though.. seen this before? >> Kent and Medway Corporate Relocation Services from Locate in Kent

But is Cabot actually Cabot? Owned by this lot now... Take a look (sorry if you've all seen this already)

npil - asset warehousing, corporate and portfolio acquisitions

isn't it strange how Mr Simon Oakland became a director of Cabot just 3 days before this take-over. He was made a director of Nikko Energy 2 months before this deal. As we all know, Cabot were previously known as PALL MALL FINANCE ACQUISITIONS LIMITED up unitl June '06 , and Mr Oakland became a director there in April 2006. Seems like Mr Oakland is some sort of bigwig.

Oh, another interesting piece of news here...Simon Oakland is also on the board of directors of Menzies Hotel Group, and who invest s in them??? You got it...Nikko! Oh and just a point of note...Menzies's solicitors are Eversheds...Now I'm sure I've heard that name mentioned on this site before!

Anyway back to 'our' Ken...Wondering who's debts Cabot buy, as he's worked for Lloyds TSB, Ventura and GE Capital.

And even for us on the forum wishing to write to Cabot say, it will be confusing. Do you write to Kingshill, saying FAO Cabot. And could Kingshill justify reading your letter on the grounds that it could be for them as they have changed their name to Cabot?

I could be wrong on this, but the way I understand it is that from 15 January 2007, Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd no longer has any relation to debt collection.

From now on, we should refer to them as Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd.

However, this name change does not change anything. Confusion (either delibrate or not) is a side effect of these name changes. When writing to them ensure you to write Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd as this is a different company to Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

At the present time, I think it is best that we forget the name Kings Hill (No.1) ltd, except when we are talking about the past.

tbern123 vs Cabot

Tbern, I miss just one day following this thread and I've got to read pages

and pages to catch up.

Lol tell me about. I came home from work Friday and was surprised so much was said in one day. All good fun though

tbern123 vs Cabot

(If you didn't know already) Kingshill No.1 became Cabot (uk) on 15th Jan 2007...Sorry to post so many all at once but I'm having some fun digging around about this company ..If you look at this website > The Association of Credit Professionals= you can join the group and can (and I cut and past) > Why Register?

When you sign up to our website you will be able to communicate with the ACP board and other like minded credit professionals through our discussion forums and through the private messaging facility. You will also be able to sign up as an ACP member to obtain the various benefits on offer to you..Well one member of the board is a certain Trevor Jones who was-

http://www.ccta.co.uk/pdf/Jan-Feb2004.pdf

It can be fun can't it..

Not sure about Trevor Jones, but these are the Guys in charge, each one has a nice little bio:

Cabot Financial Group Ken Maynard - Chief Executive

Cabot Financial Group Glen Crawford - Managing Director

Cabot Financial Group John Randall - Finance Director

Cabot Financial Group Chris Bowyer - Operations Director

Cabot Financial Group John McCluskey - HR Director

Cabot Financial Group Bernie Burdett - IT Director

Edited by alanfromderby
Name removed

tbern123 vs Cabot

Randall is also Company Secretary to most of the companies too - just to keep you on your toes... :D

Sniff Sniff, anyone smell anything fishy ?:eek:

tbern123 vs Cabot