Me vs Lloyds

celtichedgewitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just prepared my first letter and schedule of charges to send off to Lloyds. In the light of the £750.00 'goodwill' payments, it will be interesting to see if they make such a payment to me as I am only claiming £725.00 (though the interest takes it up to £801.46)

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - £48.00 credit to card account as 'goodwill gesture'

• 2 weeks later...

My 14 days are up, and Lloyds have not deigned to acknowledge my first letter. I haven't even had the standard 'these are charges for a service that you asked us to provide' letter! (That hurts, them not feeling that I'm even worth the insult.)

OK, I'll hold my hand up and admit that I didn't send it 'proof of delivery', just ordinary snail mail, but that's my own fault. Not that many letters go astray. Does anyone have any advice on whether I should proceed to my LBA, or try the first letter again and give them a second chance (just in case it's got 'lost in the post')?

C1 - letter requesting refund of PPI (£2875.60 before interest, £3281.38 with interest) 16/08/07

C1 - letter requesting refund of charges (£48.00 before interest, £54.11 with interest) 16/08/07

I seem to remember reading somewhere that lloyds dont even open letters that arnt sent recorded delivery. I might of dreamt that though so dont quote me

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

I was going to start my LBA (which I will send recorded, I promise) with a reference to how disappointed I am that they have not even entered into a dialogue with me in good faith.:)

If they don't open letters that aren't sent recorded delivery, how do they know they can ignore them?

Right, the LBA's gone off recorded delivery, and I'm pleased with it. :) Started off by saying that I was disappointed with the complete lack of even a pro-forma reply, put in a brief explanation of what was in the letter, and then said that I was frankly hurt by the fact that they hadn't even deigned to reply. :( Then, in the faint hope that this failure to reply might have been caused by a failure in the postal system, I've enclosed the original letter (carefully marked as a copy) plus the other copy of the schedule of charges I'm claiming. Hopefully that will go some way to convincing a judge that I've tried to establish a dialogue and been ignored (fingers crossed).

I got my standard brush-off letter from Debbie Gilbert yesterday (20th April). This must be in reply to my prelim, because it's dated 18th April and my LBA didn't even go in the post until then. I'm happy to know that it didn't get lost in the post, but it's interesting that it's taken them the whole 14 days to get round to sending out a routine letter. The reference is 105963 - do you think that means over 100,000 of us are taking them on? Go CAG!!

I also noticed that this letter runs to two pages of A4 paper, single sided and sent in a large envelope at a cost of £0.44, when it could have been folded up and sent for a little over half that.

Do you think I should complain to my bank that they're wasting my money? ;):twisted:

Errrrrrr - potentially dumb question - have the courts changed their charges? I'm sure when I started out here it was a flat £30.00 for a small claim, and now I'm looking at £80.00 for my £725.00. I may have had a blonder moment and looked at the wrong tariff, of course.

OK, Next stupid question(s)

I sent my prelim on the 3rd of April, with a simple schedule of charges from 2nd April 2001 to 2nd April 2007. Included the same schedule in my LBA, sent on the 18th April. My claim is due to be filed next week, and I'm using the advanced spreadsheet when I notice 2 things:

1. This is now over the six year period (by four weeks). Can I still include the charges back to 2nd April 2001, or do I have to amend my claim and take out anything before the date I file on?

I'm unsure whether they will consider it to be over the six-year limit and use that as a defence - obviously I'd rather not give them the opportunity to use that if I can avoid it, and I'm at a point at which I can change it easily.

2. The default date on the spreadsheet is 'today' (whenever that is). Do I leave that as 'today' or do I change it for the effective date of filing the claim?

RANT ALERT! RANT ALERT! RANT ALERT!

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE JUST BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE pOST oFFICE ABOUT MY LBA, AND THEY HAVEN'T DELIVERED IT YET. I POSTED IT ON THE 18TH, AND SIX WORKING DAYS LATER IT STILL HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED. INCOMPETENT, RIPPING-OFF USELESS BUCH OF AR*****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THE POINT OF ME PAYING THREE TIMES THE COST OF A FIRST-CLASS LETTER FOR THEM TO TAKE SIX F*****G DAYS TO DELIVER SOMETHING. THEY ARE SO GOING TO GET A COMPLAINT ABOUT THAT - I CAN FEEL YET ANOTHER LETTER TO MY MP COMING ON (ANDREW GEORGE :) ). I AM SO ANGRY I COULD RIP SOMEONE'S ARM OFF AND BEAT THEM TO DEATH WITH THE SOGGY END.

AND I'M STILL GOING TO FILE NEXT WEEK, EVEN IF IT STILL HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS.

I feel much better now.:)