Vauxhalll Vectra 2.2.Elite

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a brand new Vectra in July last year. The two front leather seats were not taut (where you sit). I took it back to the dealership who brought in the technical person from Vauxhall who agreed to recover the drivers seat but not the passenger seat. Both seats are very loose and are getting worse.

I have been in contact with Vauxhall and the M.D. of the dealership who both refuse to do anything-even though I have told them these poor loose leather seats devalue the car. I think it is a design problem-there should be more stitching across the seats.

Anybody any advice or had a similar p[roblem?

• 9 months later...

I would keep at them if not satisfied contact the BBC Watchdog team on their website. I too drive a Vectra (02 plate) that didn't have a speedo when I drove it out of the showroom it didn't have a warranty because of the age but they agreed to replace a Sim Module? at a cost of £300. I had to get key transponder thing replaced in my spare and I still can't get my cd/radio to work even though I have the right code!! My second scenario was my 04 plate Corsa going on fire, a problem with moisture getting into the ABS control unit and burning out the wiring harness and electrics. The car was off the road for two weeks and the parts had to be sent from Germany. No-one told me what the problem was or how it happened until I have recieved three phone calls from family and friends telling me to switch my tv on to watch Watchdog. Options where not to buy another Vauxhall or deal with Arnold Clark again. I'm a sucker for doing both. p.s. hope you get the seats fixed

• 1 month later...

Hi my car is manual transmission. Regards a sim module apparantly it is do with the electrics when I drove the car home from perth the speedo/cruise control kept cutting out and my lights stayed on permanently!! once module was fitted I needed to get the keys re-programmed still not got my cd/radio working and I have the code for it keeps saying SAFE followed by a number. My lights come on when I choose now. Hope this has helped?

The CIM not SIM is the (column intigration module) this piece of kit is mounted behind the steering wheel and controls a lot of the electronics on the car. If it needs to be replaced it will effect other systems on the car if it is not married to them. the vectra has a very advanced electronic system. the dealership needs to do some simple reprogramming using a tech 2/3. The auto box problem isn't the CIM it will probably be a loose connection on the TCM (transmission control module).