Scary MBNA

pixiepixie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They do respond to letters eventually, you just need to keep pressing with them.

I owe them circa 3 grand, and now going through with an IVA. MBNA have been constantly phoning and texting me to phone them, and even writing to me - to phone them, despite me making it clear I won't phone them as a) as with all the advice given here, it should all be done in writing and b) im disabled and can't use the telephone.

With a little help from you to them, i.e. pointing out some little laws such as the Telecommunications Act, the Administration of Justice act 1970 and the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 - does a world of good. Especially when at the end of the day, it's in their interest to keep you reasonably happy.

If it doesn't Moo, don't stroke it!

Well I must have done something right........:-)

They dont phone me anymore ...(much) and I'm feeling lonely and left out ....:)

no seriously they were right pains in the butt. about 5 times a day saturdays and sundays

I sent them a cca and a letter to stop hasssle and guess what no more hassle (up to now). the loan has about £9000 oustanding and I think I may have just got rid of it :0 :)

It looks like the agreement may be suspect in a few respects

• Haha 1

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

There's been a lot said about MBNA and Wescot on this thread. I have a large debt (originally with MBNA) but at present, Wescot is/was doing the collecting. Wescot failed to supply a CCA so I wrote to them over a couple of weeks ago asking for my money back etc.... and the usual stuff. Stopped paying of course. No agreement, no cash. They've gone rather quiet. I've heard absolutely nothing whereas some of you have been told by Wescot that the debt has been passed back. I've had no communication whatsoever. What do I do now? Sit tight and hope my money comes back or expect a nasty letter fom MBNA (which shouldn't happen as the account is indispute) but in the meantime, report Wescot to trading standards; or as a precaution, CCA MBNA but what would be the point as MBNA don't own the debt, as far as I know! All suggestions graciously accepted.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you send it recorded, special d or normal mail ?

was it a cca request or sar?

if it was a cca then they are in default and you can stop paying them.....

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks so much for the info back in March I think Priority, I have been catching up on the posts as I am dealing with CCA and SAR on behalf of my daughter with Abbey and also Goldfish for my hubby. Was just about to send copy of utility bill to confirm identity but will now send them rude letter instead - thanks so much. Have just had CCA success with Citi - no agreement and am about to send the appropriate letter, we finally had enough when my hubby had been diligently paying £34 pcm and they told us they had started adding interest again as the agreement had run out, which of course they didn't tell us about, alleged debt was going up and up, fairly obvious what was their next step, even though they rang us up hassling us yesterday, we are not frightened because we know they haven't got a cat in hell's chance!! Don't be frightened everyone, fight back - thanks again Priority One, excellent advice.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well Ive sent 4 letters now to mbna - all recorded delivery and got 1 reply! Nothing enclosed with the letter and not even signed by a human being - stamped with a date stamp instead. General gist of the letter - was GET LOST! Tough luck darling!

Any ideas what i should do now

Which letters did you actually send? CCA requests? Did you send them recorded delivery and if so, have you checked RM website to see if they've been recieved? Did you send postal orders or cheques? Have the cheques been cashed/postals order amounts been taken off your balance?

What was the actual reply you got?

If you sent CCa requests and the 12+2 is up, then you don't have to pay a thing until they send you your agreement. If another 30 days passes then they've commited an OFFENCE and you can report them.

In the meantime, if they contact you for payment, send them a letter stating they are in default and no further payments will be made until they comply. Also, all interest must be frozen from the date they defaulted I think, and they can't apply any charges so mention that too.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Ive sent 4 letters recorded delivery - all delivered as tracked on the post office website. sent a few more 1st class too.

i asked them:

for a copy of my agreement

why im paying £130 a month and only £5 is coming off the balance

i didnt enclose any money - should i have?

i dont want to stop paying them and get a black credit record - i just want to pay off what i owe and get rid of them but to be paying out 96% interest is pretty unfair. ive been paying this card for about 9 years and am getting nowhere

yes - i know it sounds pathetic!

Its not pathetic at all. They don't have high interest for no reason-to make as much profit as possible out of you. You have probably paid back what you borrowed 10 times over and they know this.

When you send a CCA request, you must include the maximum payment of £1 for the service. I would send one more, recorded delivery tomorrow.

Use the template letter here and dont add anything about why only £5 is coming off the balance. Change the bit in brackets to just 'Section 78' as that is the section to use for credit cards. Add this sentence after it mentions the fee payable at the end of the second paragraph - "This payment must be used as specified and not a paid towards any balance on the account."

Now they will have 14 days to provide you with your agreement.

If you have taken good care of your credit rating, and thus don't want it damaged, why don't you do as someone else suggested earlier in the thread, and get a 0% interest card? If MBNA do manage to send you a true copy of your credit agreement, then you can transfer the balance over, and with 0% for x amount of months, you will get what you wanted in the first place.

A good place to compare the best rates and introductory offers is Best credit cards, cheap mortgages, personal loans, savings accounts, house & car insurance - The Motley Fool UK .

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!