• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Caz V Barclays / Woolwich **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all update time.

sent an email to Katherine to check she had received my faxed copy of acceptance back.

She emailed back that she had and the money would be credited to my account very soon, that was at 3.30pm, as off 7pm still no money, I sent the fax at 1pm so i am a little concerned.

Is this normal, shouldnt it have been payed in by now.

Getting a little worried.

Did anyone else have a problem with the money being credited

Caz

Cant see it getting in there tonight now Caz hopefully it will be there when you wake up in the morning if not get back in touch with her and ask 'Where the HECK is my money' or words to that extent ;-) i know mine would be ALOT stronger

Aww Caz so sorry hun - I didn't have any problem with mine going in - within 2 hours of me faxing back the paperwork. Maybe Katharine has a higher workload - I know thats no excuse or maybe accounts were more busy than they were yesterday. I'm sure it will be in there tomorrow as Saintly says it may go in at midnight tonight. If not I would certainly be on the blower to her first thing tomorrow morning or send her an email so you have a record of making contact. Try and rest tonight - as they say "it will all come out in the wash" - keep us informed.

Just had another thought with mine I was told if I got it back to them by 1.30 then if accounts were ok it would go in there and then but if they had a backlog then it would be the next day - maybe she didn't get around to sending it through to them in time - just a thought.

xxx Woody xxx

Oh that makes me feel a bit better woody, i had this awful dread that something was going to go wrong, although i have a signed letter from them offering me my full settlement.

So we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, i did send her a reminder at about 7pm to ask why is wasnt in, so lets hope tomorrow it happens.

Hi Caz

Just catching up on your thread and am really pleased for you, YOU WON!! WELL DONE.

I have had a load of advice from you and you are so kind so I just eanted to say congrats to you and kids. You're right it is a relief to see that claims are still being won after LLOYDSTSB ruling last week, think it had us all worried, and yours being settled one month before court date, GREAT SHOW. Fills us all with hope again.

I am waiting for court date at mom as Barclays filed defence on 16.5.07 so MCOL advised that it was being passed to local court, so waiting to hear.

But once again, well done, I too think this site is great, I know I couldn't have done it without the advice I have received from everyone. Must say, I read threads etc but have not got confidence to advise anyone and feel really bad about it, think I'll leave all the advice giving to experts like you and DAR£N and TORIGIRL and JOHNNYMITCH etc, much better coming from someone who knows the score.

Best wishes and good luck on your hols with kids

JackG

Caz, I assume its purely an oversight due to their busy timetables..

They wouldnt dare promise payment and then not do it cos you'd simply continue to court.

One question though,,, did you keep a copy of the final agreement.

give it unti midday tomorrow and then contact them asking why they are messing you about.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Caz

Its another department that puts the money into your account

I asked Kate to email me when the money was paid in, and she forwarded me a copy of an email from the department saying the money had been transfered.

As others have said, i think after 3pm nothing will happen til the nex day.

Should ne there this morning

Paul

Ok I am getting concerned and peed off, still no money in my account tried emailing and phoning, but no joy.

If no money by lunch time will really start to panik, will let you all know

:mad:

No nothing, had an email from Katherine, which was a bit snotty, she said

"as i told you yesterday i will email you when it is transfered, these things take time" so i am not happy, this is awfull, i cant explain how up and down I am at the moment waiting.

This has to have been the worst stage in the whole process so far, it should be the best.

Oh well i am off to have my hair cut later this afternoon, so hopefully that will cheer me up, i normally have a friend trim it, as i Cant warent spending £50 on a hair cut, but i thought i would treat myself, so hopefully that will calm me down.

I normally live in sports clothes and baseball caps see, so hair doesnt get shown much, it is just long and blonde so goes up. So i thought i would have a change!!!!!

Caroline :(

Hi Caz - you go off and have a relaxing time at the hairdressers - it may be that they are just so busy at the moment - they do seem to have settled a few over the last couple of days (and thats only ones we know about) - it is a different department that pays the money out so its probably down to them now. You've done all you can correctly - they have all the paperwork - check again when you come back - keep us informed - everything crossed!

Woody xx

Ok all I a back from the hairdressers, very nice relaxing, but costs a fortune £50 I am sure i could have done it with the garden shears!!!LOL LOL

Anyway still no money, checked on the way home so at 3pm still nothing, I am getting really peed off now, there has to be something i can do, i may go into my local branch and see what they say.

ANy more advice people !!!!!!!!!!

Dont know what to say Caz

I bet your very peed off, i felt like that waiting for them to call me back.

Maybe there are trying to clear a lot through before the Bank Holiday Weekend.

As for the haircut just get the shaver out, not only does it cost less to get cut you also have the added bonus of not needing to buy shampoo and conditioner as well.

Chin Up Kid, It wil be there eventually

Paul

Ok Paul, shaving if i looked like britney i would consider it, but i dont so hey easy come easy go!

Still no money, so i have sent another email to Katherine, appologising for disturbing her but asking her to look into it for me.

So lets see maybe if i keep anoying her she will sort it out

Caz:mad: :(

OK HELP SOMEONE.

I received a confirmation email from Katherine, saying payment had been actioned.

However I have just checked my bank account and it still isnt in there.

So i phoned and was told it would take 10 working days for it to clear, did anyone else have this, surely this is not correct.

I bank will woolwich/Barclays so it is only a matter of transfering the money Advise please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't think that is right or else how can they put money in accounts the day before a court hearing with no problems!

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

she obviously hasnt read as many cag posts as us then lol. Have you informed the courts yet of settlement?

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

OMG Caz - so sorry you are having this trouble - don't know what to say. I wonder whether it would help if you called Krysta (Dar£n can you advise on this please?) and explain what you have been told about the 10 days. It maybe that someone somewhere has got their wires crossed. I'd give it to lunchtime tomorrow and then if nothing then send an email to Kate telling her that you have been told it will take 10 days (did you get the name of the person you spoke to?).

Chin up hun - try not to worry.

xxx Woody xxx

Ok update time

The money is in my account, i have officially WON, yeah, well what a nightmare, that was a horrible day. A nightmare, I have no idea what happened i spoke to someone who said he would sort it out, and he did, the money was in my account at 4.55pm.

So i went straight to the shops and purchased a couple of items for myself!!!!!!!!!! yeah

Happy days,

Thanks for the words of encouragement woody, sorry i didnt let everyone know but i was at a football AGM, (so boring)