Caz V Barclays / Woolwich **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i never sent it recorded delivery as i joined this site a little far down the the line and never got that crucial advise.

However I did hand deliver them into my local branch, and i went in and asked them to confirm they had forwarded it, and they confirmed they had, as it was logged and just in case i got them to fax it all again whilst i was there.

I have no idea what is going on, i may phone them to see if they have everything

Any idea who i should phone.

I have now got a claim number as i submitted my mcol 5 days ago so they are now aware i exist.

Any ideas should i phone someone help

oops my error, i meant 14 days to acknowledge and 14 days to offer a defence, so 28 days and counting. Giving them until 12th May

I am so thick sometimes, mind you i have been looking after 3 children under 3yrs and one 6yr old since 7am so my brain is in baby mode, i need to remember to put it back into adult mode at the end of the day.

I phoned a lovely lady named Krysta, she was really nice, she said she was surprised that i had not received anything from them, but said it did not matter now that i had filled an MCOL as this will make them aware i exist and have a claim against them, She also said, i may get an offer of settlement in the next few weeks, as i had not been sent one before.

I wont hold my breadth, but it would have been nice to have been offered a settlement, just so i can say no give me the lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well lets see, i expect them to ignore me again until the very last minute, its the story of my life.

Caz, The trouble with Krys, is she has that much work load she forgets as soon as she puts the phone down, she does try but overworked hmmmmmm partly my fault LOL...

The thing is they wont give you a serious offer until the court date is looming, you will prob get an offer for 50%.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Ok the plot thickens, I had a letter from the court confirming the dates for barclays to acknowledge and put in their defence. Also saying it was posted to Barclays 1st class on the 10th April.

And today I got a letter from Michele Wallis, Sales and service manager, saying they were sorry i was dissatisfied with their service and they will investigate it further and would get back to me by the 10th May.

Now seeing as their deadline is the 29th April, it will be interesting to see what happens.

But at least it is a letter, my first one, so now i know they know i exist.

Watch this space..............................:confused:

Ok the plot thickens, I had a letter from the court confirming the dates for barclays to acknowledge and put in their defence. Also saying it was posted to Barclays 1st class on the 10th April.

And today I got a letter from Michele Wallis, Sales and service manager, saying they were sorry i was dissatisfied with their service and they will investigate it further and would get back to me by the 10th May.

Now seeing as their deadline is the 29th April, it will be interesting to see what happens.

But at least it is a letter, my first one, so now i know they know i exist.

Watch this space..............................:confused:

yes normal. left hand right hand :D

Caz, The trouble with Krys, is she has that much work load she forgets as soon as she puts the phone down, she does try but overworked hmmmmmm partly my fault LOL...

The thing is they wont give you a serious offer until the court date is looming, you will prob get an offer for 50%.

dar3n does love krys ;):D at the end of the day barclays will settle but not until you have a court hearing date. just play the game and trust me you will win like dar3n keeps saying :D

they didnt go to court for the guy on here who won £37,000! im telling you 100% barclays will not go to court with yours or mine or anyones :D im on my third claim with woolwich/barclays. :D

unfortunately, Barclays DO go to court.

but only in exceptional circumstances [hels bells]

but this is a case where there is a lot more at stake than just repaying simple charges.

As Kimmy states, GENERALLY B's DO NOT/ WILL NOT attend court.

heres a quote from my settlement letter

....we disagree with your legal analysis that the charges levied to your account with B's amount to penalty clauses and are unfair. We do, however, recognise that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effective for either party to take this matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial, we are prepared to settle your claim........
I hope this boosts the confidence of everyone presently claiming.

This, I suspect will be the standard explaination for settling out of court.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi all,

Can i just clarify time lines with you all.

I filled my mcol on the 5th April, i received a letter from the court on the 10th April saying

Your claim was issued on the 10th April, the court sent it to the defendant on the 10th April and will be deemed to be served on the 15th April

The defendant has until the 29th April to reply

Either to pay, (which we know they wont do)

fIle an Acknowledgment of service (which will allow the defendant 28 days from the date of service to file a defence (this will be the 14th May)

Dispute the claim

Admit (which again we know they will not do)

Admit only part owed (again this will not happen)

Not reply at all

So if i am correct, if they do none of the above by the 29th April, then I can claim a default

If they acknowledge then they get until the 14th May to file a defence.

So when i check my claim on the mcol site, it should change once something happens.

At the moment it is still saying Issued.

Hope i have all this right.

Any advise on a good bank to open my parachute account with, as i have not done this yet.

Caz:confused:

Hi all, just a quick update

My claim has been acknowledged just 2 days after being deemed served, that is very quick isnt it, i thought they would take the full 14 days.

So now they need to file a defence, so watch this space

Caz

:p Hi all

I have decided to start a thread on the Woolwich site as well, i have one going on the Barclays site, but as my claim is against the Woolwich (now owned by Barclays), i thought i would put one on here.

I filed my mcol on the 5/4 and it was deemed served on the 15/4, and they acknowledged it today 17/4.

So as i understand it i now have to wait 28 days from the 15/4 which is 13th May.

Is this correct? Any advice,

Thanks

Caz

If you don't hear from the court in the meantime, then you can ask for judgement by default.

More than likely though,they will enter a defence at the last moment.

You just have to play it by ear.

If you have any questions regarding your claim use the Woolwich thread to post them and the answer will not be far away.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi tan,

its so hard just sitting about waiting now.

How cool that your 28 days are up tomorrow night will you be entering a judgement by default at midnight tomorrow.

I dont know how you will get through tomorrow, i bet you check at least every hour to see if they have entered a defence.

Let us all know if you get one.

Caz:D