Default Notice from Shop Direct Financial Services on behalf of Marshall Ward

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do i know if a default notice that has been served is in lines with the Consumer Credit Act. What kind of information must it hold for it to be enforceable, should it be signed etc. I have been served a default notice by Shop Direct Financial Services on behalf of Marshall Ward. It is saying i have not adhered to the agreement, i cannot check this as i do not have an agreement. I have asked them for one but they say they cannot issue it as one has been issued already.

(just added) I forgot to mention about a week earlier i had recevied a 'pay this debt immediately letter' from Nationwide Debt Recovery. Can they give it to a DCA before issuing a default?

I have been in touch with all my creditors offering reduced monthly payment, but some of them have just ignored all my correspondance and gone straight in with the default notice, no warning, phonecall, nothing. Im not trying to avoid the debt i just want to be treated fairly, as we all do!

I have not been in this financial position before and Im starting to realise that these companies that i thought were law obiding will do anything to cause as mush distress as possible. Its not even as if im refusing to pay I just want a little help but im being treated and sometimes spoken to like i am a criminal.

Your help will be much appreciated.

No i have never received a written agreement. I ordered goods out of a catalogue and i suppose i was accepting thier agreement by doing something positive. ie ordering and paying. But i have never actually had written paperwork in form of an agreement, signed it and sent it back.