Paul9803 vs Nationwide

paul9803
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all , Well here i am at the begining . Please could someone tell me what i do next - I've read the FAQs , opened a parachute account and sent off for my statements using a SAR template on the 14th Feb with a 10 pound cheque enclosed . I sent the letter registered post , the cheque has been cashed on the 22nd Feb but i have received no statments or any letters back from Nationwide . Please help!!!:???: :???:

P.S The SAR Letter was a template used from Money Saving Expert - was this ok to use ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Paul,

Well done on taking the plunge!

Here's the link for the Step-by-Step Instructions to guide you on the daunting journey.

I haven't any personal experience to base advice on your SAR situation as I had all of my statements but there are links in the Step-by-Step Instructions that you can follow to pursue it. Familiarise yourself with as much of the process as is humanly possible. It really does make you feel more confident. I think the template you used is okay. I haven't heard to the contrary.

Everyone is here to guide and support you so enjoy the ride. :)

Kelly

Settled in full: Nationwide £377.25

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

hi paul

well done, ok :)

now you need to do a prelim letter and spreadsheet. i dont know how do add a link but please check out my thread and you will see all the help and advice i recieved when i was doing my prelim and spreadsheet..

dont forget to send recorded delivery so you can go onto royal mail web and see who and when took the delivery of your letter and then the next day is day 1 of 40, including weekends and bank holidays..

i will learn how to do these links - sorry :-?

good luck and keep us posted :-D

• Haha 1

Hi there thanks for the post , how spooky is this , i was just in the middle of writing a message to you asking how to find your thread for the spreadsheet ( after reading a post you wrote to someone else about it ) - and here you are writing to me . !!!:) :o

Hi there , I have done the spreadsheet printed it ( without the last two collums) , and printed a prelim letter asking for 967 pounds .-WOW!!!!

NOW THEN , where do i send it - some posts say PIPERS WAY but the sticky from livelylad says FARNSBY STREET SWINDON ?????

Anyone have any ideas ??:confused:

Hi Paul..

I sent my prelim to:

NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY

NATIONWIDE HOUSE

PIPERS WAY

SWINDON

SN38 1NW

this was before Livelylad had updated the different addresses for Nationwide. Mine got there fine though using the above address and I received a reply in just over a week.

Hope this helps :)

Good luck

Julie

...i dont know how do add a link but please check out my thread...i will learn how to do these links - sorry :confused:
Go to the web page that U want to create a link to.

Left click on the Url address @ the top of the page.

(...This will Highlight the whole adress.)

Right click on the Highlighted address.

Scroll down and click on 'Copy'.

Go to the webpage where U want to create the link.

Right click at the place where U want to put the link.

Scroll down and click on 'Paste'.

The link to the webpage that U want will then be created!!!...lol...:)

hi paul

glad to hear that you have sent off prelim, hopefully recorded delivery!

if you did then check out the delivery on royal mail web and count down 14 days from the next day..include weekends and bank holidays too..

ive just sent my LBA so theres not alot inbetween us..

good luck and keep us posted :D

Hi rightfullymine, Just checked royal mail and it says that my letter was delivered from there DORCAN delivery office on the 30th march ( posted on 29th) using their track and trace service. Does this give proof that Nationwide has received it ?.Because as i read it , it just says that they delivered from the depot - doesn't say when or if Nationwide have received it !!! . It also says that Electronic proof of delivery is not available for this item ( typical ) . What do you think ?.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Paul

Yes it is proof they have received it, the electronic proof of delivery sometimes appears a few days later and this will give you the name of the person who signed for it.

Good luck with your claim

Ray

as ive been told it will take a high court action to stop all this and automaticaly get everyones bank charges refunded. which obviously will cost alot.if everyone who has been or is being affected by this just put a pound each into it we could get this done. and ive heard that nationwide will close your account if you threaten to take them to court, which i have done and can enter my judgement in just 2 days time. i cant get a bank anywhere else because of the credit check and lack of id. any ideas??

Hi Marshul,

Nationwide have taken to giving a claimants a second chance to abide by the T&Cs. However, I would still open a parachute account, just in case.

I opened a NatWest Step account for which I had to produce a bank statement and proof of income. Both were on the one bank statement, so I only needed 1 piece of ID. I don't have a great credit record but I managed to open one. It's a no frills account (no cheque book or overdraft) so you aren't consider to be such a risk. Try it.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

thanks u 2,

but now i am confused about entering judgement by default as it has been 28 days from the day they recieved it, but it still says i have to wait, they said they were going to fight it but i havnt had any other letters and thought this ment i won?? so do they get extra time for saying they will fight??

Ahh , I think i'm getting a bit confused - I looked at the LBA template and it mentioned " total plus overdraft interest - giving a grand total " - I take it this doesn't have anything to do with the 8% . Am i right?

If so , i just ask for the original amount and dont mention the total including 8% interest ( correct me if i'm wrong )

It is confusing for most initially.

The LBA is referring to the overdraft interest that you may chose to claim on the charges, i.e. as a result of a charge you are overdrawn and the banks have charged you their 20% or so interest, it is not the 8%.

I have not bothered to claim it within my claims as it usually does not amount to a substantial sum and can be a bit tricky to calculate, although there are some good spreadsheets on this site for that purpose.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.