Scottish Power Scare Me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, i've been on a card meter for 15 years, then 3 weeks ago scottish power decided to change my meter to a plastic key meter. i havnt been in debt with them all the time i had my old meter, then a week after the new meter was fitted they sent me a bill for 351.00, after my brother phoned them, they reduced it to 71.00. but i'm confussed, cos i did'nt owe them anything. they said i hadnt been paying charges on my old meter? but should'nt they have regulated my old meter for any charges? i have a feeling they are gong to make me pay for the new meter. what can i do? HELP.:(

It is because the old token meter was set on a lower price than your account was charging you due to it not being calibrated after price increases to the new prices. You need to phone them and discuss this with them. They should offer you at least half off if not it all as this is not your fault unless you refused entry to the engineers to reset the meter.

I used to have a pay as you go, it is a ripp off. You are paying in advance but get charged double (figuratively it is not actaully 2x but not far off). What other industry operates this way? None!

the latest con is when they change the metre and calibrate old readings with new and inflated prices. Morally and legally you do not have to pay their souped up charges. Unfortunately pre pay metres mean that if you complain you dont have power until the dispute is resolved. Try and get a normal metre and pay by DD you will find your payments half and you have much more leverage over the power company.

thanx for the advice, i emailed SP telling them i was seeking advice on this matter, then i got in touch with WATCH DOG, i'm on benefits, so this is a huge amount for me to find, not just that, i just DONT owe it, i'm very angry about this, even more so now i've seen more ppl on here getting ripped off by the same company. needless to say, still no reply to my email to SP.... again, HUGE THANX.