Is the bank playing with me now.

eve_8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hi as you can see im not happy with my bank charges, i am outraged by this. Lloyds TSB charged me £595 in 32 days on a normal account, im not a business or anything like that. I am finding it a little difficult to find my way around the site, where do I find sample letters and spreadsheets to send to the bank.

Any advice would be most welcoming. Cheers:-)

Guest Niklowe

Hi

If you look in the FAQ's you will find everything need. Also I would advise you took take some time browzing through the threads for your bank in order to see how the claim works. Take your time and don't rush.

Good luck, but you won't need it!:D

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You should print these out to refer to later so as to avoid having to ask basic questions.

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank's forum and post your progress and any questions there and you'll get plenty of help

Lots of info and links here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/20211-newcomer-then-please-feel.html

Good luck

Finally please heed the words of warning here and make sure it doesn't happen to you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

• 6 months later...

Hi

I have receieved a letter from the bank asking to give them 4 weeks, now i have received another letter asking for another 4 weeks. Are they just playing games now, Ive looked in the q&a section but cannot find out whether I should send an LBA now, can you irect me in the right direct. PLEASE.

Hi,

have sent the initial letter with the spreadsheet requesting the over paid charges back. I got a quick response asking me to give them 4 weeks, that has now passed and I got another letter asking for another 4 weeks, can anyone please advise? im feeling rather dumb as it has took me this long to find my way to here.

Hi eve and welcome .. :)

if you read this thread it will show you how to start a thread

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

EVE...hi and wlecome - its all very confusing when you start, as l know.

First you need to read the FAQ section to get the timescale clear in yr mind.

Then look in the TEMPLATES section, where you will find all letter you need to send.

You should stick to YOUR SCHEDULE, backed up by legal limits on times for response, and not be deterred by delaying/deflating tactics from banks and credit card companies - they always try this.

Very important - communicate ONLY in writing and send everything RECORDED DELIVERY.

You will find tremendous support on this forum if you are confused or stuck or just need to discuss something! Follow the clearly-established guidelines, keep going and YOU WILL WIN!

Best of luck and kind regards........Valdez

2 threads merged so some of the above posts may not appear in the right order

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

i totally agree with the above, sort a new thread.

sort out your charges and then do a LBA. you have waited long enough, remember to work to your own time table of what you stipulated in your letters rather than what the banks give you, after all the banks work for you.

all the best and remeber were all here to help

Lou

HALIFAX-4..CLAIM 1

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Phone HSBC about offer

14 April Halifax paid into account

HALIFAX-10..CLAIM 2

21 Mar PRELIM

18 Jul LBA

24 Jul FILED N1

30 Jul Letter from halifax putting case on hold due to OFT

10 August notice of acknowledgement

22 August letter of defence from halifax legal

LLOYDS TSB..CLAIM 3

5 Jan PRELIM

5 Mar LBA

26 Mar FILED N1

5 April acknowleged

4 May defense

27 June to be assessed by judge

12 Sept court date (adjourned till further notice)

21 August letter from court, case on hold till Jan?