Not full amount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guess someone has already answered this. I have claimed for £2841 and the Halifax has sent back a reply offereing me £1241. What action do I take now? I dont want to settle for this as they took the money off me when I was on benefits and left me with nothing. Are there any templates for this refusing to accept?

:cool: ALYSON HUNTER

Here you go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

You could also try ringing customer services 01383 426821 and pushing for more. Stand your ground don't let them dictate to you.

Good luck

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

You could always accept the offer as a partial settlement informing them that you are willing to go through the courts in order to get the rest.

Here is the letter I sent HSBC re my claim with them:-

[your name & address]

[your bank name & address]

[Date]

Dear ................................,

Account Number :- xxxxxxxxxxxx

Response to settlement offer – without prejudice

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxxxxxxx offering £xxxxx.xx in full and final settlement of my request of the bank charges you levied from our account during the last six years. We are prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder of £xxxx.xx is to be paid within the next 10 days. This amount is made up of £xxxxx.xx being charges levied from our account as detailed in my letter before action dated 23rd February 2007, £xx.xx being the interest claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8%, and £xxxx.xx being the amount paid by ourselves for the claim made against you via Money Claim Online on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. We have enclosed a copy of our letter before action together with a schedule of the charges and interest claimed.

Please note we are claiming £xx.xx per day in interest at 8% until this matter is settled.

Yours faithfully

Your Name

If you want to use this letter, just adjust it to suit your case.

Good luck

JW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D