Cubalibre V Capital one

cubalibre77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I have been lurking on this excellent site now for quite a while and have used alot of the info provided to start the process of claiming back my charges from various banks,credit card companies,etc.Its got to the interesting stage now so I thought I would let you know how things are going.

First off capital one,(will post the bos and bos visa,in their relative sub forums)

I sent off for my statements and worked out they owed me £488, I also used the interest calculator,I found on here,to calculate the interest they had charged me on this which came to £160 odd.

Sent off the first letter no reply after 7 days,sent off the LBA and got what seems to be the standard line from Mr. Uddy giving me back the £40 I need to file a claim against them. So 14 days are up now and I will be filing a claim for £725 tomorrow.

will let you know how things go.

ermm.. hold ya horses!!!

We recommend that you give 14 days for each letter.

The banks do actually need time to respond, and they do have LOTS to get through. If your claim was to go to court - I doubt the judge would be very pleased if you hadn't given them sufficient time to respond to you.

It is also this site's suggestion that you give 14 days for each letter - it looks good on you.

Good luck!

Sorry I gave them 14 days to respond to the LBA, which I sent off after they had responded to the prelim letter, infact it will be closer to 19 days when I file the claim tomorrow,I think that is long for them to respond dont you?

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update, I waited an extra few days so that they had the full 28 days then I went ahead and filed. The staff at the court were very helpful and I eventually got the form sorted and submitted. The summons was sent out on the 31st of may for £620.

This morning I got a letter denying any liability but offerering to settle for the full amount plus 8% interest on each charge.:) :)

WELL DONE !!!! :-D :-D :-D

Hondamad21

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks