Hatefull Orange!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody sucessfully ended a contract with Orange without incurring charges? I have an 18 month verbal contract with Orange which was supposed to cost about £25 a month. I have never paid less than £60. I have tried to call them to sort it out and their atititude is awfull. Is it wise to cacel my direct debit or will they take me to court? Does anybody know of a loophole that will get me out of this ridiculous situation?

Definitely don't stop paying else you'll find yourself in the nasty position of having defaults from an extremely uncooperative mobile company on your credit record. Oh and debt collectors chasing you...

Have you considered upgrading your price plan? You won't be paying £25 a month but I'm sure you could knock it down from £60...

Who sold you the phone? Perhaps you could go down the route of your contract being missold to you and negotiate a better rate for your price plan that way...

Either way I don't see you terminating your contract early without fees I'm afraid :(

Craig

I have to say i dont know about cancelling but you can pay much less than £60, depends of course what you want. I just changed my contract to a £30 contract so I could get unlimited broadband (and wireless system and free calls) for £5 per month and that was very easy to do.

However I had a fight with BT for paying to much and wrote a letter, said I cancelled the service and as they were stealing my money. Got a nice letter back and my money :-)

So i would say, check your statements, see what kind of service you have, and than talk to them.

Good luck

LMS

I have an 18 month verbal contract with Orange which was supposed to cost about £25 a month. I have never paid less than £60.

you're probably on the wrong price plan.

do a minutes / texts audit and move to one which is more suitable.

You may find they 'attitude is awful' but since they deal with it every day, they are unaware of your limitations in understanding what you have agreed. You say you have a 'verbal' contract, you don't. It is written, and you'll find it printed in your instruction manual (at the back). This outlines your obligations, and your ongoing use of the service confirms your agreement to them, and your rights to change and modify the tariff you signed up for.

It is one of the most stupid thing Orange does. In their effort to block you from 'value added' services on the web, if they deem your account is overdue they block access... which means you cannot look at your bill OR pay it. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot, this takes the biscuit! They're aware of it having reported the problem to them over 3 years ago... so they're clearly not interested in 'fixing' it.