Halifax Help - really dragging on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm getting really fed up now:mad:

Been making my claim with the Halifax for bank charges since the end of December.

Made my court claim on 2nd March. Halifax sent me a full settlement offer on 8th March which I signed and sent back on Friday 9th March so I assume they would've got it Monday 12th at the latest. I sent it recorded as everything else but the RM website isn't telling me whether it's been delivered.

It will be 2 weeks this coming monday and I still haven't had a cheque or the money in my account.

What do I do now??? what do the judgement things mean on the website for my court claim? What happens if I tick one of these and enter?

Been checking my bank account everyday and last night they put the money in my account, ofcourse I've been on ebay all night LOL

BUT!! they have only given my basic charges back and not the 8% I was claiming and my £50 court fee? What can I do to get this back???

Recorded Delivery is crap :( My letter never showed up as delivered and the post office had it as "lost". However, the cheque was cashed so they obviously got it.

I'm sending everything Special Delivery from now on as I don't trust the Royal Mail :(

Recorded Delivery is crap :( My letter never showed up as delivered and the post office had it as "lost". However, the cheque was cashed so they obviously got it.

I'm sending everything Special Delivery from now on as I don't trust the Royal Mail :(

Agree. I think the Royal Mail website information is slightly misleading. I sent first letters Recorded 'Signed For' believing I would be able to view the signature or ePOD as they call it. On their website it states:

"The ePOD is an addition to our standard Track & Trace service. Now, when you send an item using a guaranteed delivery service such as Special Delivery 9.00am™ and Special Delivery Next Day™, or Recorded Signed For™, we can confirm when your item arrives, as well as show you an electronic image of the actual card that was signed when your item was delivered."

However, I later discovered you have to pay an additional £2.20 if you require this for Recorded Delivery but this service is included if you send Special Delivery (although the cost is £4.10).

I used to work for the Royal Mail. When a recorded delivery goes to a hous it 'should' be signed for. However when the postie is delivering to a big company where they get dozens of letters a day (Halifax are probably getting hundreds a day) each letter cant be signed for individually so they have large sheets on which they stick all the stickers and then the company just sign it once. therefore your letter dosn't have a seperate signature but it should still be scanned to show delivery.

therefore your letter dosn't have a seperate signature but it should still be scanned to show delivery.

My mate is a postie and reckons Recorded Delivery is a waste of money. A lot of posties just sign for it themselves or don't even bother to get a signature. A lot of people can't be bothered to fill in a P68 complaint form so they get away with it :(