A new claim.

Madoron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all may I just say, this is an excellent forum! People are friendly from what I have read so far, and the information is well presented and conscise! Thank you all for your imput in advance!

Only a few questions I ahve after reading the various FAQ's and such over the site, and some of the claims being made.

Firstly, when applying for the DPA information, are you allowed to apply for all accounts held by the group? Or do you have to make each request seperately? IE I have a NatWest credit card as well as a current account, should they all go to the same person on one letter? Or make each request seperately for each account?

Secondly, are people having any luck with asking the bank to take the charges from the named account(s), or is it better to enclose a cheque/postal order/cash(which is best?)?

I am basing this request off of the letter that was provided in the library(thanks again!).

Finally, is the address listed on the library letter the Data Protection Manager's Address, or the "National Westminster Bank PLC, 135 Bishopsgate" address?

Again, your replys will be greatly appreciated! I hope I have not duplicated anything anyone has currently asked; I did attempt to search and check back several pages worth, but as there is a great deal of information, finding the immediate information required can be a little bit... difficult! :)

Hello and welcome. You will find a sticky at the top of the Nat West forum with info on contacts, or you can just send it to your local branch. I think it is probably best to just send a cheque to be on the safe side and the 40 days start from when they receive payment so they will have no excuses. Set your own timetable and stick with it.

Good luck:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello and welcome. You will find a sticky at the top of the Nat West forum with info on contacts, or you can just send it to your local branch. I think it is probably best to just send a cheque to be on the safe side and the 40 days start from when they receive payment so they will have no excuses. Set your own timetable and stick with it.

Good luck:)

Hi

Also make a point of mentioning the 40 day limit & that this limit should NOT be used to delay providing the information. In other words all they have to do is press a couple of buttons so it should be hard to provide the info & its not a minimum but a maximum period for compliance

You may also like to say the following:

"For the avoidance of doubt I require that you supply me with not only all account details but also any & all documents, memo's and letters both external & internal appertaining to my accounts. I also require all telephone notes taken by your staff when conversing with myself

Finally I require that in keeping with the guidance of the act that all records including computer records supplied should be legible and capable of being read by a none employee of your organisation.

In the event that you fail to meet this reasonble request I shall consider that you have failed in your legal obligation under the said act & reserve the right to undertake further action and to report your organisation to the office of the Information Commissioner"

The last para is because some organisations will send you coded computer readouts which they know are unreadable to an outsider just to be smart

As previously advised their time starts when they recieve your cheque not as some organisations try & claim when it clears. It could take ages to go through their accounting system

Thanks for both of your replys!

However, it still leaves a few questions unanswered, anyone else up for the challenge of those remaining questions?

Faithfully,

Thanks for both of your replys!

However, it still leaves a few questions unanswered, anyone else up for the challenge of those remaining questions?

Faithfully,

As has been already stated send a seperate cheque.

The advice given ealier refers to the account(s) as follows "For the avoidance of doubt I require that you supply me with not only all account details but also any & all documents, memo's and letters both external & internal appertaining to my accounts. I also require all telephone notes taken by your staff when conversing with myself

As for your credit cards you should make the same request direct to each of them making a further payment of £10 in each case. That way you won't miss anything

• 1 month later...

Ok, a brief update time! :)

The bank has kindly sent me all my statements for both credit cards, and my main account. Note worth knowing... if you have more then one credit card with Natwest, you only need to send 1 letter requesting the information on both accounts.

Anyway, going through my statements for the main account, and I am finding it extremely difficult to make an estimate for the intrest charged. I have tried using the Excel spredsheat, but it does not calculate the intrest correctly, or I can not find the correct method for inputting the data. For instance I was charged 1.66 for going overdrawn between the 2nd of Sep 02, and the 6th of Oct 02.. How much of this was a charge that was applied to my account on the 30th of Sept 02? :) Just seems rather difficult to pin that sort of information down in Excel without expending a HUGE amount of effort... as the claim will be for £1101 though, it would seem worth it intrest wise to figure out the sum?

Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated!

2 claims, one for £1101, and one for £674. Not too bad! :)

All the best,

i've finally plucked up the courage to send of my Data Protection Act for a copy of statements showing all charges to my account! it's quite scary, but at the same time i don't think it's right to sit back and let the bank get away with it!!!

i sent my letter just over two weeks ago, i have checked my recent statements and they have banked my statutory fee of £10.00 so now i am just waiting for my statements! lets hope it's soon to get the ball rolling! no doubt it will take ages!

It's great to hear all these stories and advice it really gives you the information and courage to go through with it!

will let you all know how i get on!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!:p

Louise (weez) Northampton

No one able to shed some light on this? Ive worked out the intrest on the above mentioned instance to be around 0.03p... But Im a bit worried about having to do that for each and every charge, specially the later ones where the intrest may have accrued over several months! :p Ill keep trying with the spreadsheet until I hear anything else!

Can I just clarify which spreadsheet you are using. There is a spreadsheet in the bank templates library which Vampiress has prepared to calculate interest on charges. Take a look at it as it does the calculations for you. If you have any problem PM Vamp and I am sure she will help you out.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Caro! :)

Yes it is indeed the Vamp spreadsheet, which about 2 days after I posted I finally worked out! :)

Sent off the letters, totalling £1844.85 accross both credit cards and the main account. Have also gone to bank and told them to step the account back to a normal account, so I no longer am being charged for being an Advantage Gold member (£10 a month!).

Anyway, the first reply to the request for the main account charges has been the standard letter saying they feel their charges are blah blah... will stand. So sent LBA to them on today. It is a bit early, as it is within the 14 days I gave them for the original response, but I recieved an unsatisfactory response, I gauged that it was time for the LBA anyway! Awaiting decision on the credit cards now.

Lets hope they just pay up. Would be so much easier! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, filed the court claim on the 21st of July! Claiming a total of approx £2075 + court costs of £120. Everything so far has been identical to what everyone else has recieved from Natwest. So heres hoping all goes well! 4th of August is their next deadline. Lets see what they do now.

Hey good luck

I'm just sending the pre-lim letters, did you calculate the interest level at 8% or the interest level the Natwest charge you for your overdraft...

I've been reading the threads and I thought you didn't add the 8% until you started court proceedings,,, so do you add that later as well???

Natwest are going down

I calculated it at 8% for the interest at court level, which is what I have just started. :) You calculate the interest on the amounts taken at the interest rate of the account for the pre-lim, and LBA, then only add the 8% further interest once it reaches court level. Good luck!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks