missjoy V barclaycard - still no "microfiche" statements! HELP!

missjoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys! I first sent my DPA request to Barclaycard on the 15th September 06!!

I have received statements from May 04 as the rest they say are "held on microfiche". I have started a claim for charges from statements which i have from May 04.

Court was ongoing when Barclaycard offered me £390 at the end of Jan 07. I rejected this and also told them to send me statements prior to May 04. They sent me a letter on the 6th Feb saying they were disappointed i had rejected their offer etc etc and they had arranged to get the statements which they claim had been held on microfiche sent out. "Great" i thought! So i waited & waited & still no statements. On the 28th Feb I sent them a letter giving them 7 days to produce the microfiche statements! (as my original DPA request was on 15th Sept 06)!

Now on the 13th March I still havent had any microfiche statements - what will i do???:mad:

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Complain to the ICO

Once you have their reply look at court action to force compliance

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Cheers m8! How do i go about complaining to the ICo, is it easy enough:confused:

Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Yes mate, court date for the 6th of April, is there a template anywhere that i can send to the ICO, im useless to say the least at typing letters :confused:

Thanks for your help btw

EDIT: "Barclaysharks" lol, i like that, must use that from now on lol :D

Franklin D. Roosevelt

See the word doc here -

Data Protection Complaints – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

You download, fill in and then submit it whilst uploading any letters you have sent to BC/received from them (assuming you can scan their letters) - if not, the option is there to post and use photocopies

In the main box I would enter something like:

Dear Sir/Madam,

on DD/MM/YYYY I submitted a formal request for information (Subject Access Request) in relation to my Barclaycard account to Barclaycard's Data Protection Officer under the Data Protection Act 1998 (copy attached).

This resulted in the following communication from them

(LIST GENERAL CONTENT OF DOCUMENTS AND DATES RECEIVED)

Thus far, they have failed to correctly respond in that they have only supplied me with data back to May 2004, rather than my entire history (the account was opened MM/YYYY).

I would be grateful if you would investigate this matter and advise me of any appropriate action.

Yours faithfully

Mr/Mrs X

Cheers

NcF

:cool:

If this helps, please click the scales bottom right and tell me!

• Haha 1

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Cheers ncf355 m8! Will get this done tonight, i have a scanner to, so thats sorted :)

Thanks very very much for your help. Will keep you posted :) Any ideas how long they take to get back to me?? Youre a star

p.s. scales are clicked! ;):D

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks for that!

It was about a week in my case, theyve got a lot on

NcF