Me -v- Barclays.. On A Mission

fineline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.. I'm new..

Bit scary all this.. :eek: But I mean to get nasty ..

I am so fed up with the unfair charges I have to pay...

I intend to closely follow all instructions, take all advice and get this thing sorted..

I am about to print off the letter that gets the ball rolling, and will let you know how I get on..

Bring it on!

Jayne

x

:D PS I'm a pussycat really.. I'm very nice..

Couldn't have said it better myself. we're all in the same boat here, and hopefully pulling together.

Cardinal rules: TAKE YOUR TIME, and STAY IN CONTROL of your claim.

Read plenty of the other threads, and you'll soon be fully familiar with the language of DPA, LBA, MCOL and all the rest!

Best of luck,

David.:D

Good Luck Jane! - I'm hopefully at the final hurdle - I have my court date and have called Barclays to hear that a "letter" will be appearing on Friday - it has been a bit of work and its took around 4 months, but its been well worth it! They haven't stopped charging me over the course either, so I'm going to go a second round!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my letter on 14th March, and, as yet have heard nothing from Barclays..

Is it too soon to wonder what's going on? :confused:

What do you think... should I give them a while longer.. the 40 days aren't up until 25 April, but surely I should have heard something by now..

Jayne

x

Hi. It's fairly normal not to hear anything. Most people are having to wait the full 40days (at least). All you can do is wait. It is very frustrating but it gives you a chance to have a read around and find out what to expect through the different stages.

When the time is up send one of the letters from here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Good Luck

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

• 4 weeks later...

Well.. even allowing for the fact that I put a second class stamp on my letter.. Barclays have neither replied to my request, nor cashed my cheque.

Forty days since the date of my letter was up on Wednesday last..

I am going to wait until Monday.. and then what..

:confused: is there a template for another letter to send? - this one for example?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Though I don't know how much they owe me..

Jayne

x

I've printed off and have ready the letter suggested above...

And am off to post it..

Hopefully, they will now send me what I've already asked them for..

They haven't cashed or returned my cheque though.. can I be sure they've received my request?

Jayne

x

editing to add (after reading other threads) .. and I didn't sent my first request by recorded delivery.. oh dear.. should I be starting all over again, it would be easy for Barclay's to say they've not received it.....

• 3 weeks later...