Urgent Help Please - Court date is set!

stobbsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Finally got a letter from the courts setting the date for 9 June. In the letter though they say that both parties need to send evidence.... by March 21st.

Is this normal?

I originally sent the schedule to both the courts and Barclays legal team.

Do I need to do anything?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: I will put up the exact wording when I get home tonight!

Hi stobbsy, you need to check whether this is the actual hearing or an allocation hearing etc. For the actual hearing you are normally asked to send in all documents you intend to rely on in court, usually by 14 days before the hearing. I'm not sure why they've asked you so far in advance which makes me think it might not be the actual hearing but an interim one, so do check and let me know.

In the meantime, here's some background reading for you!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks Crash,

I was sent two pages.

The 1st Page:

Notice of Allocation to the small Claims Track (Hearing)

It then goes on to say the Judge has allocated the claim to the small claims track, and the hearing will take place on 19 June 2007

The 2nd page is the Order page:

The following directions apply to this claim:

1) Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court offices copies of all documents (including experts’ reports if the court has given permission for the expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

2) The copies shall be delivered by 4pm on Wednesday, 21st March 2007.

3) The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

4) Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses (including expert witnesses if permission has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

5) The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Hmm, interesting...it is for the actual hearing, but they've asked for the docs way in advance. Never mind, maybe the courts just want to get a bit more organised :) Read through the court bundle link I gave you and start putting it all together in time for the deadline. You'll need to make three identical copies - yours will be all the original docs, which you'll need to bring to court (if it ever gets to that!) and a copy each to the court and the bank.

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks again Crash !

I'm starting to put everything together now to send out on Friday.

In the basic budle there is a link to the OFT summary. The link on the OFT page come back with: Error - page not found

Is there somewhere else I can get this ?

There you go...thanks why!!!

Crash

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.