• Tweets

• Fair enough. But I don't understand why they send these letters. Do people really get scared and end up paying them?
    • That's a blessed relief. They would have been withdrawn because, as I said, they have no evidence that you were driving. That comes from the responses to the requests for driver's details which you failed to send. The important thing is that the speeding charges were laid. That makes life much easier (and far more likely to see a successful outcome). You need to make your SD and serve it on the court where you were convicted. The next you should hear is by way of a "Single Justice Procedure Notice" laying the four charges against you again. You will have three options (for each charge): Plead Guilty and do not attend court Plead guilty and attend court Plead not guilty You must plead Not Guilty to all charges. In the section headed “reason for not guilty plea” you can state that you will offer to plead guilty to the speeding charging providing, and only providing, the FtP charges are dropped. This is a procedure well known to all court users (prosecutors, magistrates and their legal advisors) and is carried out up and down the land daily. I’ll refer to it as “the deal”. Before the pandemic it was necessary to attend court to undertake this deal and speak to the prosecutor (the agreement of the prosecutor is required as the court cannot accept it without that agreement).  However, during the pandemic courts aimed to reduce the numbers of people required to attend to an absolute minimum and most courts accepted a written request to do the deal. Local police prosecutors made an agreement with their courts that the magistrates’ legal advisors could accept the deal. In some areas this arrangement has carried on. In others they have reverted to the old process where attendance was required. So your offer of the “deal” with either be accepted in writing and dealt with under the Single Justice procedure or you may have to attend court. In either event it is important to emphasise that you will plead guilty to speeding only if the FtP charges are dropped.  There may be slight variations to the process depending on how the individual area works but there is no reason why this should not be successful.    
    • Yes thank you dx, my sentiments exactly.  We don't have access to his credit report to see the CCJ.  We were just told by the Estate Agency who he was trying to act as a guarantor for me.......  I can get a free one for a month I believe.  
    • I would say it's snotty letter time. You can do a search on CAG for examples of what other people have sent. Don't make it too polite. HB
    • Ok, received this letter that looks like a letter of claim but it still doesn’t sound too convincing    2024-06 BW Letter Of Claim.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Royal Bank of Scotland **won**

todd390
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have issued the Subject Access Request by recorded delivery.

When I am satisfied that it has been recieved what should I do next?

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum.

Please start a thread in this link,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=18 Title it Todd V RBOS

also read the successes in your banks forum for a feel of the reclaiming process;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/rbs-bos-successes/

Use the template letters in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Follow the process set out in there and stick to the timescales given.

Also if you need quickfire answers visit live chat.

Good Luck,

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales left.

• Haha 1

I managed to start the thread.

Request has been delivered I have to check aiagn tomorrow with Royal Mail. Then I suppose its countdown to forty days.

I am quiet sure that they owe me a large amount due to my going over my overdraft a lot of times, but hopefully I will recover the amount in an amicable way with them.

I will keep the progress posted.

Hi Todd

Will move you to RBS thread

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Subject Access Letter returned ripped at one side and a letter telling me that "From the information provided, it is not possible to trace the account requested. Natwest (RBS) uses only numeric code for the idetifcation of accounts and without a valid account number and sort code we are unable to locate a closed or open account. Please let us know your sort code or branch name and account numberand the dates when your account was opened and closed."

I have phoned my branch and they gave me the information with regard to the acccount opening I have now re-sent the request and again by recorded delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recieved my statements dated from 2001.

I was amazed at the information that I have ignored in the past with regard to charges. Some direct debits unpaid for an amount of £0.99 and they charged me £30 or £38.

I have reckoned the charges up and they come to £5018.00 without the interest charges if I add them the total is £5116.44

I am now going to get the letter off to them to claim it back.

Just another update.

I have sent my claim for my money back the total was £5088.43 after studying the statements.

I have also included the itemised charges of the statements so they will not have to send me a letter asking me to itemise them and play for time. it has been sent recorded too.

I am worried though that they are going to find a loop hole and I'm going to lose, just my luck.

Todd, bear in mind that if you claim over £5k you can't go through the small claims court.

Only a minor point and you may be happy to continue claiming the full amount. Just thought I shoudl make you aware.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Yes I know that I cant go through the small claims court. I think I made an error and the total amount is just udner £5000.

They are bankers (and I did say bankers) they will add up and tell me how much I reckon and it will probably be just under £5000.00

Thanks for the advice.

I will be making a donation to this group if I get paid out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now sent the letter before action to RBS. I have also amended the amount to £4998 as the interest charges took the amount over by about £50

They have until 23rd May to reply after that I take it I start my court action.

How do I calculate the interest and what exaclty will be the amount of interest in days I put on the court forms?

No the limit is less costs and statutory interest - just what you are claiming in your LBA

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Ok Thanks for that. Just thought it may have been the other way round. They have until next week to reply with an offer then I take them to court.

I'll let you know how I get on.

hi, ive also sent my second letter and they have until this friday 18th to reply till i small claims there ass. im fed up of excuses off them i just want my money back!!! and whats the deal with them and this 8 weeks nonsense? i cant wait to do them over and get what im owed, then leave that crappy bank for good.

Upto now they have not replied to my second letter. They have until next Tuesday then I start court action. Would it be better to go the court and deliver the form and if there is any problem it can be dealt with then in the court office rather than send by post?

Upto now they have not replied to my second letter. They have until next Tuesday then I start court action. Would it be better to go the court and deliver the form and if there is any problem it can be dealt with then in the court office rather than send by post?

it can all be done online now and apparently it is easy to do. ill have a look tomorrow when i do mine and get back to you mate.

Well upto now it looks for certain that I am going to court as I have had no reply. I read the Lloyds victory, but I am not put off. All I want is what they took off me paying back no more. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well upto now I have had no reply off RBS. No offers or anything. I am waiting until Friday 25th May and if nothing recieved then I am going down to the County Court with my papers and starting proceeding against them. I feel let down and consider their ignorance a statement of their attitude to their customers. They dont deserve customers.

RBS are swamped with claims and are just settling claims that are just about to be heard at court, so just hand the papers in and wait for a phone call a few days before your hearing date.

Good luck

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

Well they did it again. I had two direct debits for water and car insurance. They knocked the payments of both back yesterday (Wednesday) and I get money in the bank Friday. Basically I would have gone £43 over my overdraft but now I am £70 over it. It appears to me they have double standards. They wont allow payment of the direct debit to take me over the over draft limit but their charges can be allowed. I really want to take them to the cleaners now.I am begining to despise their actions.

I have handed my forms into the county court and they say I will receive my copy within seven days. I felt a great relief when I handed them in and made my payment of £120.

Now I know the RBS will have to take my claim very serious.

Just hope I get my money back and dont lose.

Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted on how things go.