Lloyds TSB Credit Card query

gcbrit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to you all!

My query is this, I had (more on that in a minute:cool: ) a LLoyds TSB credit card with a £4,000 limit which I went into arrears on around May/June 2006. They have since, without notifying me :confused: , closed the account but of course are still demanding the money back with a minimum payment, which they must have set because I didn't, of £80 per month.

Firstly, were they supposed to give me some sort of notice that they were going to close the account? I only found out that the account had been closed during a conversation with one of their customer service women and she couldn't find any note of when or why the account had been closed on her computer either.

Secondly, obviously I have racked up quite a few extortionate charges during this whole process, which I intend to claim back, but I still have £3,844.59 outstanding on the non-existant account. So are they likely to get stroppy and demand that I pay up the outstanding balance or would they not be able to as the account would be in dispute, or something? :?

Finally, I'm going to claim back charges for both my Lloyds TSB Current account & Credit card, so do I include both account details in one DPA letter, or do I need to make two seperate claims?

Many thanks in advance for any help given! :D

One DPA and one cheque for £10 will surfice. Just list all the accounts/CCs you want data from

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

If I may add a small comment here about Lloyds.

If you are claiming charges back on a current account and a credit card..... beware of the following.

You will most probably win both cases if all goes to plan.

They will credit your credit card with the charges refund and the same for your current account. The credit card balance will be reduced by the refunded amount, but the available to spend balance will remain zero if it has been closed.

Your current account will be credited with the refund amount of charges too. If the current account is then in credit, and you still have an arrears balance owing on the credit card, they will apportion the credit balance of your current account to your credit card to pay the arrears.

They are entitled to do this by means of their sneaky terms and conditions.

I know this because I am claiming from 3 Lloyds TSB accounts and I have made a CLEAR stipulation and condition of settlement that they pay be means of a cheque and not an account transfer. I will then pay any arrears etc at my choosing and at an ammount I feel justifyable.

Lets hope they see it my way.....

Good luck with your claim :)

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

If I may add a small comment here about Lloyds.

If you are claiming charges back on a current account and a credit card..... beware of the following.

You will most probably win both cases if all goes to plan.

They will credit your credit card with the charges refund and the same for your current account. The credit card balance will be reduced by the refunded amount, but the available to spend balance will remain zero if it has been closed.

Your current account will be credited with the refund amount of charges too. If the current account is then in credit, and you still have an arrears balance owing on the credit card, they will apportion the credit balance of your current account to your credit card to pay the arrears.

They are entitled to do this by means of their sneaky terms and conditions.

I know this because I am claiming from 3 Lloyds TSB accounts and I have made a CLEAR stipulation and condition of settlement that they pay be means of a cheque and not an account transfer. I will then pay any arrears etc at my choosing and at an ammount I feel justifyable.

Lets hope they see it my way.....

Good luck with your claim :)

Thanks for posting this info, martinhw. It's always helpful when claimants share their experiences. :cool:

I am finding LTSB Credit Card very difficult to get sense out of, they appear to have a very long "backlog" of correspondence and when they ring to speak to me do not have your correspondence to hand so you can't discuss anything (they did try to get me into this conversation but I did have to point out what would be the use when they don't have my full details to hand which I took time and effort to produce for them ??), I know they have got some letters there in the office as the cheques stapled to them have been cashed. So far I have tried to explain this on the phone to two people and both times they have said well we have a backlog and won't call again for a few weeks, which they don't !! Then on the other hand you get a solicitors letter threatening actions etc saying you have failed to get in touch. This is also now true of my CCA and SAR they have failed to respond to, the CCA is now very much in default, will send the follow up letters and take necessary action and obviously stop paying, maybe then they will find the stuff in their back log, guaranteed once the payments stop I bet, one letter dates back to 8th January 2007 for which I have invited them to send me a SSAE so I can send a copy, that was a week ago and still heard nothing. I did let the collections dept bod know last time they called that they do need to get their act together !!

All in all, they are rubbish, which in an obtuse sort of way is proving to be quite helpful to me !!