PLEASE HELP - Southern Electricity installed a prepay meter today!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just got off the phone to Southern Electric and I'm furious.

Today I received a call from my neighbour saying that EDF were requesting access to my house, I then received a call 30 minutes later saying a van has turned up and they are installing a new meter?!?!?

I called Southern Electric, and they told me a warrent had been issued. I shoulkd have received the visit in Dec and the letter last week informing me what was going on, I have never seen this.

Historically I have not paid the account becuase I was not receiving bills and then I'd receive a final demand. I called 4-5 times in June-Oct asking for a bill, each time I was told they will be issued. Two weeks later I'd receive a disconnection notice! Finally I was told that all bills were sent to an email address I hadn't used in a year. SO I asked them to send a bill, they did at last.

On paying the bill with my visa card it was declined because the fraud prevention at my bank kicked in as it was over £200. the bank lifted this but they still couldn't get authorisation for the payment. This happened on 6 occasions over 2-3 months despite having the money in my account.

I finally called them on Friday just gone and I asked how else I could pay, he said either by giro or Standing Order, so I sent the standing order though on the Saturday and wrote a letter advising my account was now paid up and payment should be in their account in 3 working days time.

I've checked and the money has left my account, however Southern have not received it yet. Despite me following the instructions I was given on Friday to the letter, I've had a pre payment meter installed and a charge of £150ish put on my account because of it.

Southern finally agreed to replace my meter once the £150 charge has been paid and the money is received in their account, I have asked for confirmation of this.

I am furious!!!!! I have received no warrant letters, I followed the instructions given on Friday to the letter and now I've been penalised!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. What can I do to not pay this fee as I don't see it as my fault!

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

Get in contact with Energy watch - 0845 0550760. they can't do anything immediately, but they can take it up on your behalf and get something sorted for you.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

in case you were wondering, i have just had the same thing happen to me by Npower

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.