Boris303 v's Barclays

Boris303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, my story so far, and could do with a little help please?

I already had statements going back to July 1998 showing charges from that date, but as i thought i could only claim charges as far as 6 years i only added the 6 years of charges (£3250) with the statutory interest for those charges at 8% (£705.94) and then sent my first letter on the 24th January 2007 asking for my money back.

Then then sent a standard letter saying they were looking in to this and would get back to me by the 23rd February 2007, they did reply by the 23rd February but only offered £1000 as full and final settlement of my claim.

I have replied to the saying i would only accept the £1000 as part payment for my claim and still intend to claim the amount claimed together with interest up to the date of judgement and court fees through the county court.

Now they have not replied as yet, and so it looks as though im going to have start court action.

This is where im getting a bit worried, i now know that i should claim for all the charges i have statements for, even if they go back further than 6 years. So what do i do now?

Should i recalculate the charges and reissue them to the bank? Or not bother and just file a court claim with the additional charges i have found included?

I started on another site, and then found this one which is far superior with stacks more info, i wish i found this one first.

Is it too late to change my claim to them?

From how I read it, you have only got as far as the LBA ????

Reconsider claiming more than 6yrs, Unless you are very determined it could be a lot of hassle.

I would start things by registering with MCOL and yes add your interest at this stage.

just think all that lovely money with your name on it. mmmmmmm

good luck

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

My advice is that perhaps you should just claim for your 6 years worth first. Claiming further than this is more complicated and much more likely to be defended by the bank. You can always claim the rest at a later date after some research in the process.

Thank you for your replies,

Right now this is where i am up to.

Whilst filling out the N1 court form, and then realised i have made a mistake on my original spreadsheet i sent to Barclays requesting my money back.

I have missed a few charges, but also calculated charges going back 7 years and not the 6 as i should have.

So i need some help please?

What do i do to correct this mistake? Do i have to send them a revised spreadsheet? Or can i just carry on with my claim for the whole 7 years, and then let them spot it if it went as far as court?

I'd revise the spreadsheet and use those figures on the N1. You'll be sending another copy to Barclays after the claim is issued (and also a copy to the court) so it'll all come out in the wash.

For the sake of simplicity keep it to the 6 years as recommended above.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

• 2 months later...

Right, I revised spreadsheet showing charges for only the 6 year period. Then filed my court claim using the N1 form.

Barclays have entered a defence against my claim and the file was referred to judge for further directions.

The district judge has then ordered that, the claim is referred to the London Merchantile Court.

Can somebody tell me whether having the claim referred to the London Merchantile Court is normal? Or what this may mean please?