julied1 v Abbey

julied1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Started 2 claims with Abbey. Two joint accounts (with my hubby). On just one account with the hand full of statements I have, charges (without interest) come to over £1200. Sent SAR recorded delivery and they received it on the 28th February.

Today 35 days and counting.........................

Will keep you posted.

What a great site!

Hi Everyone,

Started 2 claims with Abbey. Two joint accounts (with my hubby). On just one account with the hand full of statements I have, charges (without interest) come to over £1200. Sent SAR recorded delivery and they received it on the 28th February.

Today 35 days and counting.........................

Will keep you posted.

What a great site!

Julie,

Welcome to the site:)

While your waiting for the Shabby to respond to your SAR read up on a few threads, dip in and out of the success stories as if anything they will brighten your days up when you start to think its not going well.

Abbey are the worst of the banks to deal with, they will try every trick in the book to try and delay the process, but in the end you`ll get your money back.

Welcome once again, and best of luck with your claims

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Thanks Armsoft,

I have only just plucked up the courage to start claiming and the Abbey is just one of many. I joined in October and have been reading as much as I can, although it still scares me!

Can I just ask you, on my Abbey statements (the ones I have got) they list the interest charges whilst over drawn, do I add these to the spread sheet?

Thanks

Thanks Armsoft,

I have only just plucked up the courage to start claiming and the Abbey is just one of many. I joined in October and have been reading as much as I can, although it still scares me!

Can I just ask you, on my Abbey statements (the ones I have got) they list the interest charges whilst over drawn, do I add these to the spread sheet?

Thanks

Yes, but don`t use the simple spreadsheet as its only designed for straitforward charges, use the complex one (its easy to use)

Then you need to decide what rate of interest your going to charge them on your total (Contractural of straight 8%)

There are quite a few threads discussing the merits of going for contractural, so worth reading up on.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Hi,

Just to give you an update, received a standard letter yesterday:

"Thankyou for your recent enquiry, requesting information on you bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10.00 fee.

I confirm arrangements have been made for the information you have requested to be sent to you. The transactional information remaining on our systems, normally covering the last fourteen months, will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. You should receive these within five to seven working days of the date of the letter.

Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2001 and 2005 under separate cover.

With regards to 'any manual interventions' that may have been made on the account. We consider 'manual intrervention' to mean an action that is not automatic or computer-driven. Not all manual interventions are recorded, for example if a member of staff looks at a paper document relating to an account, a record is not always required. Similarly some interventions may relate to work carried out by a department rather than individuals where no central record of activity is kept because this is not the kind of information we need, or more importantly, that a customer would usually request.

If you have any questions please call us on the above number."

The letter was dated th 8th March so I should receive the statements by 19th March at the latest only counting Monday-Friday as working days.

Orginal SAR 28 days and still counting.....................................

Good luck Julie with your claim, I notice you are on count down to your SAR :) I would advise you keep an eye on the dates and stick to your times not Abbey's, they will do all they can to delay, you will find when you send the next batch of letters which gives them 14 days to reply they will respond with a standard letter saying it will take 4 weeks to look into your complaint, so don't worry

Thank Mariejader,

Not on you life, I'm not going to let them get away with anything. I don't think I will recieve the statements as quick as they say I will.

I'm just going to carry on as if I hadn't had a letter and stick with the 40 days, that is until I received a complete set of the information I require.

I will keep everyone posted.

Hi,

After causing my brain to go into total meltdown I have decided just to go for the 8%. I have spent most of the day reading and reading and more reading to a point when everything is now a blurr.

Abbey statements are not the easiest to understand i.e. is the interest stated for the previous month or the current month, i can't work any of these figures back, so I think the best thing for me to do is keep it simple (a bit like me) I hear you say!

Will keep you posted:confused:

Hi Everyone,

Got the promised statements today, although I think the Abbey are trying to mislead people. I have quite a few of the original statements and when I compared them to the duplicated statement the charges were not listed at the beginning of it as with the original. Also it does not state the overdraft limit or interest charged while overdrawn. It only actually any interest you may have earned while in credit, this is very confusing I thought a copy of something was exactly that!

I am still waiting for the microfiched information.

Has anyone else noticed differences in duplicate statements.

I'm quite a bit of a way behind you. I'm just waiting for the microfiched information. I have started my own thread, but still like having a nosey about. I did have some statements but when I got the copies, there was missing information on the copis there was no mention of my overdraft limit and the charges were not listed on the front of the statement like on the originals.

I was just wondering what the microfiched informatiob provides you with?

Thanks

the microfiche printouts are just a list of transaction money in and out and what it was for no balances and no summary sheet so you have to go through them with a tooth comb looking for the charges which are shown by the abreviation chg in the 2nd from last column

example of microfiche sheet

ACC no DATE transaction abbreviation amount

so it would be like this #

434225465........ 02/12/05........ bankgiro................ bgc ...55.00

.......................03/12/05........ unpaid dd charge ....chg ...30.00

hope it helps and good luck on the way forward

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update still not received any staements for my hubbys account and not yet had microfiche print out for my account. May just send them a gentle reminder as the time is up on 9th April.

Hi Julied - my experience is that Abbey wait until the 40 days is almost up, then the statements / microfiche records all arrive in one heap, and each one in a seperate envelope. I'm at LBA stage with claim against Abbey for my 'other half' - about 80 statements arrived about 4 weeks ago in 80 envelopes - Abbey are obviously so wealthy that they don't have to worry about stationery & postage costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they can afford that, they can afford to give us our money back! If you want to keep an eye on my thread its "Tish vs Abbey". Very best of luck with your claim:)

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

• 3 weeks later...

To cut a long story short, I eventually phoned the compaints department about not receiving microfisce print outs and hubby 12 months of statements.

How funny my hubby gor three lots on the same day and my printouts came the day after.

On my hubbys account I was a statement missing, I promptly got on the phone and requested this be sent as soon as possible, guess what........the lady then proceeded to tell me there would be a five pound charge for the statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I explained they had already cashed my cheque when I sent in the SAR and that I have received the statements but one was missing, she agreed then to send it free of charge.

I had had words the other week with one of the staff saying we had to allow 40 working days and not 40 calendar days. I explained as far as I was concerned some of the charges were taken on a Saturday and some were even taken on a Sunday so therefore these had to be classed as working days!!!!!!!!

Can someone just put me straight on something?

I claim the charges listed on the statements. Do I also claim what they have charged as *interest charged whilst account overdrawn*?????????

I was just going to go with the 8%, so if this is right would I also include thre interest while overdrawn in the 8%?????????????

Any comments please:???:

Hi Julie - what I did with my Abbey spreadsheet was to calculate the point in time when the account would not have been overdrawn had it not been for the charges they had taken, and then claimed all the 'interest charged while overdrawn' from that point, and claimed the 8% on that as well. I figured its my (or rather my O/H's) money and its only fair they should pay

interest at the statutory rate while they are using it! From what I've read most people claiming the 8% rather than CI do it that way.

Hope that helps - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)