Claiming again on an account?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice about claiming again?

I received £700 in charges (from over 6 years) in August 2006

However have somehow racked up £900 in the last 6 months due to not being paid properly etc. Sent prelimerary letter and received reply saying they wouldn't pay again due to having paid once - however this is not what the letter stated - rather will close account.

Guess this is inevitable - does any one have any experience?

Am thinking will just carry on as before as am actually far more angry about these charges than before as have been based on very minor amounts and wages gone in following day etc

Would love to hear any advice if people have done repeat claims before

Thank you in advance

soph

You are perfectly entitled to claim as many times as you wish and the fact that they have paid you in the past has no bearing whatsoever on any future claims that you may make.

Furthermore, for any agreement to be binding in English law each party to the agreement must provide what is termed 'consideration'. This simply means something of value in the eyes of the law. With these offers in full and final settlement your consideration consists of a promise not to sue for the remainder. However, the bank does not provide any consideration because they are only giving back what in law belongs to you. The law does not enforce onesided promises. In order to establish that they have provided consideration they would have to prove that the charges were lawful.

However, do be aware that they may close your account, they can do this and in some instances, they have.

Although, if they do you may report them to the OFT, look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=56

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

They are just trying to fob you off- of course you can claim again.

I am preparing another claim on the same account for after this one is settled- unfortunately thay waited until I had already claimed to give me further statements showing more charges! So I will be claiming twice on the same account.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .