Broken washing machine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our unfurnished house did include a washing machine and oven. However we soon noticed that the washing machine leaked out of the drawer and informed the letting agent who reponded saying that she'd informed the landlady who would contact me. A few days later my mum called and apparently the landlady had left a message on her phone with no contact details as the letting agent had provided her with the number I gave them on the application, not the new number I'd emailed to them.

I email again with the new number, eventually getting a response saying that the landlady would be called with the new number.

A week later - nothing.

I email again, advising them that we'd heard nothing and our towels were ruining as we'd laid them under the machine so the flooring didn't lift.

No response

Today (a month since my original email) I've sent another email (which I think is about my 5th regarding this problem) voicing my displeasure and requesting a response by the end of the week. I've also advise the letting agent that I shall be no longer putting down towels, hence the floor will lift if nothing is done. I've saved all my emails.

What can be done next? I know it's just a washing machine, but it's a nightmare having a wet kitchen everytime I want to do my laundry!

I know when our washing machine went t*ts-up (in an unfurnished flat), the landlord wound up replacing it. I'd assume that if it's on the inventory, then the owners have a duty to ensure it's in working condition, as when you signed the inventory and contract, you were under the impression it worked.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks