kerryanna V's Woolwich/Barclays

kerryanna2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Kerry. What letter did you send (before today) was it a template? From this site or another?

Did you just send a 'no' to thier first offer?

No offence Kerry, you really need to read all of the FAQ's on this site as it appears you have jumped in the deep end.

Whatever the case we'll sort it.

Firstly about the ERC PM. It is not recommended at this time to pursue this especially as you have too much on your plate with this claim, and you've alot of homework to do too...

I will link you to the Zoots ERC thread shortly.

Regarding this claim, I think of one thing you could do and then another one pops up to the contrary.

I'm thinking start a fresh, or send in Letter before action citing they did not take you up on your offer therefore you have retracted it and are pursueing the claim in full, I don't know and hope someone comes up trumps for you.

You haven't set any real deadlines and have been inconsistent with your requests. I am not being rude for a second, just trying to get my head around the possibilities.

I hope someone knows more, In the meantime click FAQ in the above blue bar and get reading trooper!

Thai

Thanks Thailand. Appreciate your honesty. I have already posted the 2nd refusal letter today (the one posted on delboys thread). Do you think I should see what they come back with by 07/03/07 or just start a fresh from today?

Kels :-)

Can't see any harm in that, its gone now anyway. Lets see what goes on.

Do you want me to copy and paste that letter here so peeps know where you are up to?

You have set deadlines by the way, I'm a little confused if they are Ok.

26th. February 2007

Barclays Customer Relations Team

Woolwich Openplan Services Centre

Jackson House,

Jackson Road,

Clacton on Sea,

Eseex

CO15 1WH

Re: Account number: XXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer – Your Ref: XXXXXXX

Dear xxx

Thank you for your letter dated 23/02/07.

I respectfully decline your offer as Full and Final settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £ 1,472.01.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My Request for Repayment letter dated 21/02/07 indicates that you have until 07/03/07 to respond before I proceed to the next stage . My deadline remains the same despite this offer.

If you do not accept my conditions for acceptance, or you do not respond within 7 days, I shall proceed with my claim via the county courts. For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Re ERC, thats cool Kerryanne ~ I don't know anything about ERC's other than there was some concern. I'll PM you the other link hun.;)

I hope MCOL is cool too steve. I 've just noticed that the first letter Kerryanne sent was the 21st of Feb just 6 days ago, and another today.

I don't want to further confuse anything but I'm now thinking, if we have to give them 28 days maybe it would be better to think of a date around 21st - 23rd March?

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I just knew you was going to ask that! I'll tell you what I think, but you might have to have a look around to confirm.

Assuming your not claiming contractual interest (just the 8% stat) I *think* its without the interest, thats how I did it. Its a bit complicated, but I'm almost sure thats right. If i'm right, and sorry that is an if, when claiming contractual you apply interest first then times by 0.00022. I surely hope someone can clarify that for you hun.

To reiterate, I think you should just apply the figure to actual charges. I hope somebody will confirm for you...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its all down to the individual court hun, the banks tactics are fuelling and clogging up the process as much as ever, if not more. If it makes you feel any better I had to wait 10 weeks (after recieving AQ) before I got a court date.

I know its a pain hun, but you will get there and Barclays will lose!

Try to be positive - it could come sooner and anything can happen in between. Worst case scenario, its more interest for you.

Chin up hun:)

Thats the spirit - they won't like that your upbeat:D .

I'm great hun! Only thing is my Woolwich/Barclays transfer is a complete

and utter joke - so I'm out for some Barclays blood today!

Pins: Lost

Pins arrived: Incorect PIN

Buffer: Removed

Cheque book: still not arrived

Direct debits: 2 missing

Applied for Additions plus, got it at £6.99 month - without O/D, CANCELLED! (Barclays CS convinced I'd still get good value out of it!)

I know its off topic, but out of interest, how has your transition been?:D