• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Carrot i like your hair do. Very fetching. :D Watch out for any passing neddies who might fancy a nibble rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Nayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neddies........... cripes my grandad used to call em that. I prefer

Gee Gees................ Yaaaaaaaaaaay but Ive always been a bit wary of them since once threw me when I was 8, right into the middle of a dung pile and I fractured my arm......... Never liked em after that............. Lol xxx

Carrots don't have arms do they ????????????????????

There must have been some s**t hard dung in that pile

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Lol @ the sexy carrot dude! looks like he's singing for his supper whilst selling the big issue.

I think this calls for a caption competition........

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I'll be back later to win mahuahaha!

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

here's my two attempts...

"oh go on eat me u know ya wanna" ill make u see in the dark I promise!!!

Wassup Dowccc ? i cant help looking like a 24carrot plonker - it pays the bills n keeps the wabbits away !"

Lol Lol Lol. Caz ur a natural at the captions thingy..................

I go with.............

What you think I dress like this cos its my job, nope, I just love carrots.. in fact I want to be a carrot.........

or

I dress like this to attract the bunnies.........(gals that is). Lol xxx

Evening gals!!! Please excuse me beforehand.......... I intend to drink copious amounts of apple juice tonight and get extremely pis*ed!!!! Apologies for spelling later on tonight.............. and any postings that may seem even dumber than ususal!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Ooooo Fendy........... you're such a star. Wish I could be good and drink water but I just can't do it tonight!!!

Rotten day......... poo day........... really yucky poo and horrible. Topped off by the twinkies footie team losing in the quarter final of the cup tonight ................... ON PENALTIES :mad: We woz robbed!!!!

Anyway............ that's my day!!! How's your's been honey!!! xxxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Ooooooo hedge. Hope the twinkies arent too disappointed. How awful for them........ but at least they can hold their little heads high knowing it was a loss to penalties only................. it so easily could have gone either way. Poor twinkies Hedge.......... and sorry about your day. I had a bit of a poo one too, but not much gets to me........ I was posting on here about 2 ish and the blumming leccy (soz electric) went off in the house. I started messing about with the trip switch etc. process of elimination as to which part of the house was causing the problem. Upstairs working, but only lights, no sockets. Then had to dash out leaving house unalarmed cos its all wired into the electrics, to pick kids up, then thought heck, if I cant get it working, wont be able to cook dinner, so had to dash to town to get fish n chips for the kids, as I still wasnt sure what was causing problem. Then had to move the new decking wood round back of the house, that took another 2 hours, its was flipping heavy and my arms ache.......... but I couldnt leave it for hubby, he works so hard and he wasnt gonna be home till 8 ish so not fair for him to be moving wood at that time. He would have been at it till it was dark. I enlisted the help of several of my teenage daughters mates, and we all did it like a team, yaaaaaaaaaaay, but dropped one huge plank for pergola on my bl**dy toe and it hurts soooooooooo much, I dont think its broken, but felt like when you stub your toe, but the pain isnt stopping........ just taken some pain killers and have put feet in hot water to soak to see if it helps......... then when Id finished that (still hobbling) tried a process of elimination again of unplugging every socket in the house, and flicking switch back on for leccy, which worked, but then found its one socket in the conservatory thats throwing everything out. Dont know why............. so at least Ive solved the immediate problem. Just unplugged everything from that socket. And everything else in the house now works again, got to organise electrician though tomorrow when I get in from work. Bl**dy housey probs. I kinda laughed though. Because when we built the conservatory last year, I wired in the sockets. My neighbour is a builder and he knew about wiring sockets in, so he showed me how to do one, and I did the other 6 double sockets myself from there, and blummin typical. Its one of the double sockets that I wired in thats acting up. I took it to bits today and checked the connections n stuff inside and everything looks fine to me. But need a qualified leccy man to check I think. Better safe than sorry................ Council building regs man passed everything as fine though when he came last year to check on the planning permission thingy once the conservatory had been built, so it must have been ok then. Blummin wires.................. ugh........... Should be posting this on the bah humbug thread in bear garden I think. But anyway........... tomorrow is another day and Im sure everything will be fine..................... so more fizzy water for me......... Lol to de stress.

Lol Fend......... just got visions of your teenage daughters mates working on a chain gang passing wood.......... absolutely brilliant!!! Can't believe you've sorted the leccy out yourself :o I can wire a plug and that's about it. How fab are you??? Bit stupid of me really, I should learn to do more things like this but I always pass 'em over to hubby (I'm so totally lazy like that!!!) You deserve a medal for getting through your day.......... and on water? BIG BIG MEDAL!!!! And yes honey............ that's a major BAH HUMBUG on crusher's thread as well!!!!!!!!!

Put's my day into perspective though!!! Apart from the footie loss (twinkies, hubby, daughter, older son, grandad, nana and me........... all gutted!!!!) we've got a major flood (2nd in the last fortnight) cos the central heating pump (under the floorboards!!!) has broken, leaked, and caused the kitchen ceiling to come down. Result? No kitchen celing, floorboards up in daughters bedroom (is she impressed? is she eckers like!) house like a swamp............. and I hate my job as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I care???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Cos I've got apple juice!!! Lol........... maybe we can start a new club............ the ****ty day club!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

yea i think ill join that ! found out my beautiful clever daughter has started taking drugs.... ive had enough so i told her to get her stuff out the house.shes living in london cos of Uni and kept her stuff here.have some of my tissues fendy and hedgey

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Ooh Hedge. Mine was a joy ride compared to yours then....... Heck, a flood. OMG, they cause so much damage.............. you poor poor poor thing................ What the heck. Central Heating pump, OMG, sound like a big job........ I would deffo deffo be on the wine if I were you. Im not super human..... I would be knocking em back like no tomorrow to drown out the kak..........Oh Hedge, whats up with the job....... I thought you liked it.......... or a lot of it...... or sometimes its not the job, its the people in charge at the top.......... I have nothing against managers/etc. but I do have a problem with the way some of them stay at the top through the efforts of the minions below. Thats what I object to, big time........ abuse of loyal staff..... Well hedgey hun, the twinkies will live, they will get over the footy loss, and at least the family saw them play, its not the winning its the taking part, I know I know, its fab to win, but at the end of the day, they had fun playing, and the family had fun watching, and I bet it all got you shouting from the touchlines a few times....... and they are young enough to win plenty more games/championships in future, and the house, although its sounds serious, is all fixable. I know it must be awful right now, you poor thing....... but at least nobody died Hedge. You still have your wonderful iccle family, theyre all intact......... and you will have some nice spondoolies to come back from the bank soon ish............ And you have plenty of vino to help you through the short time kakkiness. Hedge, dont be too down............ you are all healthy and you have a lot to be thankful for, despite the current mess..... And remember, YOU CONTROL YOUR JOB, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. I know it takes time and effort in searching for something else, but you put in the effort to change it if ya dont like it, and you will reap the rewards of something else wonderful.............. for every door that closes, a window always opens........ you just gotta find it..........And remember Hedge, ON CAG, WE ALL LOVE YA HEAPS HUN..... YOURE SUCH AN ENCOURAGING LITTLE SOUL TO ALL OF US, INCLUDING NEWBIES........ WE LOVE YA.

Fendy xxx

Have an extra glass for me Hedge........xxx

Hey archer - big hug coming to you with this post! Kids!! They'll break your heart without even thinking about you in the process. I hope it's just a phase archer, cos they do get into allsorts at uni. They suddenly think they're big and clever and they can do whatever they want and it won't matter. Your heart must be absolutely breaking right now. But do you know what you can do???? NOTHING. Cos nothing you say will convince her to stop doing the drugs. She's probably got to go through it, realise how crap it is herself, and then wake up.

Here honey......... share our tissues :(

Lots of love and hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooh Archer. You poor thing........... but it really could happen to anybody. Rich or Poor, Intelligent or Dim, Old or Young. Is it hard drugs, or just the light stuff, i.e. spliffs, or more serious. Cos spliffs I think is just an age thing, an act of rebellion............. Dont be down Archer........... they make mistakes, thats life, we can tell them till were blue in the face not to do stuff, but at the end of the day, they only learn through making their own mistakes. Im sure she will sort herself out given time. Dont be too down. We love ya tooooo Hun....... And Im sure your girl does too...... but just no doubt got her own stuff to be dealing with at the mo. Cheer up, cos we love ya......... Honest. xxxx

AND ITS NO REFLECTION ON PARENTING SKILLS EITHER SO WIPE THAT ONE OUT OF YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU EVEN GO THERE. Kids are kids,, they will be who they wanna be and do what they wanna do, regardless of whether or not we have been model parents. We love them. thats it, end of, but they will make their own mistakes.......... Fendy xxx

And remember Hedge, ON CAG, WE ALL LOVE YA HEAPS HUN..... WE LOVE YA.

Fendy xxx

Ahhhhhhhhh.......... Fendy, you was born to be a counsellor honey!!! You have totally missed your way - you're such a babe!!! Think I'll top up the apple juice and carry on posting!!! Lots of love............ here's to our ****ty days........... yours, archers and mine. Cheers gals!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

thanks hedgey,(blowing nose) yea shes definitely broke my heart,i pray its a phase,I know she has got to get over this by herself but shes 21 and i thought all the worry years were over.big hug to you and fendy must be officially the "**** day of the year"!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

shame i dont drink id prob be p***** by now!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

its not the hard stuff fendy but it starts off on the "soft" ones doesnt it?!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

AND ITS NO REFLECTION ON PARENTING SKILLS EITHER SO WIPE THAT ONE OUT OF YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU EVEN GO THERE. Kids are kids,, they will be who they wanna be and do what they wanna do, regardless of whether or not we have been model parents. We love them. thats it, end of, but they will make their own mistakes.......... Fendy xxx

Best advice I've seen on here for a long time Fend. It's totally true archer............. while you're sat there blaming yourself and wondering where you've gone wrong.............. STOP! You've done nothing wrong and it's not your fault and one day she'll realise what she's doing and she'll turn right back round to her mum. I promise. Here honey.......... have another big tissue............ and some of my apple juice. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

those are lovely hugs fendy thanks !

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks