DPA quick question

Isaac Hock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just about to send off the DPA letter to Barclay's requesting details of all my charges, etc, etc. I don't have a cheque book to send them the £10. Will it be OK if I send a postal order? Or will they make some issue out of this and say they can't accept it for some reason? Thanks.

Also can someone confirm that I send this letter to:

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

Thanks.

Hi Isaac Hock

You've got the head office address which is fine (that's what I used). Re postal order, it's technically as good as cash, but whether Barclays will make an issue out of it I don't know (they will make an issue out of anything they can). That having been said, they returned my cheque and provided the statements free of charge, and have done the same for lots of others, so chances are they will probably return your postal order and provide statements foc.

Good luck

Jules

Have just received a reply from Barclays, they took my cheque book from me in September, so tecnically, I cant send them a cheque, so I sent a postal order, they have just returned it with a letter stating my 'copy statements' will be made available to me in the next few weeks. They stated in the letter that under the DPA they are not obliged to present information to any particular format "Therefore your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside" How arrogant is that?

Have just received a reply from Barclays, they took my cheque book from me in September, so tecnically, I cant send them a cheque, so I sent a postal order, they have just returned it with a letter stating my 'copy statements' will be made available to me in the next few weeks. They stated in the letter that under the DPA they are not obliged to present information to any particular format "Therefore your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside" How arrogant is that?

At least they are sending you the info you need without too much hassle. It will be a bit more aggro for you having to go through all the statements and list out all the charges yourself, but will be worth it in the long run.