style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there every 1 im jane from hull single mum to 6 kids,i have just come across this site,and i wondered how i go about making a claim with the halifax,i only get income support paid in to my account,and fed up of all the charges im getting and its been going on for yrs,,plz help

Hi Janie,

Read the FAQ's to start with. All the info you need is in there!!

Good luck!!

Darren :p

BOS - WON - £5.6k

------------------------------------------------

Virgin Mastercard - WON - £300

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

There is a link on my signature which is an A-Z of this site, or the letters and advice sort of stuff. Can't take the credit stole it off someone elses thread!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Hi Janie6

Welcome and good luck!!! The first thing you need to do is to sit and have a good read of the Halifax threads and the FAQs. (I know that won't be easy with 6 kids -- I know how precious my time is with 3!! I seem to spend more time on here than I do ironing :eek: - it's just so addictive - the site that is, not the ironing!!!)

The first thing you are advised to do is send off a SAR. This can be found in the templates section and you need to send with it £10 to cover the cost of your statements. (I'm advising you do this as that is considered the best way to start, however, I actually telephone the Halifax and they sent them to me that way and only charged £5.)

Halifax are allowed up to 40 days to send the statements, so in that time, have a good read around the the site --- and get your highlighter ready.

Have a read of my Halifax thread to see how I got on with them :D :D :D

Remember, if at any time you need help or advice, just post a message and someone will get back to you.

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum,

This is the first letter you will need.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Just add your own details to it, and send it recorded delivery so you can see when its been delivered. The day after posted start your 40 day count down.

Please read these....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

There is so much information here. Its worth bookmarking.

Also reading peoples threads is a good idea as you can see what to expect.

But there is help every where, we all help each other here. So if you have any worries or questions please just ask, and some one will be around to help you.

If i have been any help please click on my scales :D Thanx.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .