Everlast111 vs Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone :)

I have successfully recieved my last 6 years bank statements from BOS and am now preparing the prelim letter to request the charges back (approx £2500)

Could somebody that has sent this letter already (im using the CAG template) to the Bank of Scotland please tell me to which address I should send it ? and to whom ?

I have looked through the site and found the BOS contacts page but dont know which person or address to send it.

Help would be greatly appriciated

Many Thanks

Halifax Plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

Hx1 2rg

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yup. Send it to HBOS plc, Trinity Road, Halifax, HX1 2RG.

This is their head office. It is likely that you will, after a few weeks, get a letter from Customer Complaints from Bank of Scotland (sent from Scotland). I just kept correspondng with HBOS's head office, although I copied in the Customer Comlaints Dept and pointed out that this is a legal matter, not a mere complaint, and that the timetable I had set out must be adhered to.

Good luck!!!

If you need a court buddy or anymore help, please PM me!

Maria

When it comes to issuing proceedings, make sure it is against HBOS plc, not Halifax PLC. I'd write to HBOS plc not Haifax PLC, although the address is the same.

Whoa....Maria why should the claim be against HBOS Plc ? If the account is with BoS then you should be claiming against BoS. Halifax and BoS have separate banking licences nd HBOS Plc is a holding company. If your account is with BoS then underlying contracts are with BoS and you should claim against BoS.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Hi there,just thought i'd let you know that i am also claiming back from BOS and was unsure where to send my LBA, i phoned the phonebank this evening and asked where to send it and they gave me the address as being

Bank Of Scotland

Customer Complaints

Dundas House

Viking Way

Rosyth

KY 11 4UU

i dont know if this helps any,but im going to send my lba to that address as i dont know if halifax would deal with it.

I claimed against HBOS plc, Trinity Road because that is what everyone told me to do when I asked on this website a few months ago.

!

It's too late now anyway, the claim's been made and I have got judgement in default. I will wait and see if they try to set it aside but if Stornoway is correct then many many people have claimed against the wrong company.

Maria its great that you have won but suspect its by default as HBOS Plc didnt defend. What you are doing is akin to claiming against HSBC if your account is with First Direct (HSBC "own" First Direct) or claiming against RBS when your account is with Natwest (RBS "own" Natwest). If you have an account with BoS then all your statements, chequebooks and Bank cards etc will say somewhere on them "Governor and Company of the Bank of Scotland" - it is that entity you should claim against. I know what I am talking about here as I work for HBOS.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

I succesfully claimed nearly £7000 from BOS using the Trinity Road address. I wanted to use MCOL due to the size of the claim and needed to take the action with an English based address for both claimant and Defendant.

Worked a treat for me.;)