• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, im claiming business account charges for my friend 'Bonesy':

The bank is Hsbc and we originally sent the bank a letter asking for the Total Charges back but since learned that we had to get the statements including the breakdowns of 'Total Charges' and use those in a Lba, we have done that and am now about to do an N1 but want to know are we going about this the correct way??

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE help???:(

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

craigten - Hi,

This post will sent your thread back to the top so someone more skilled than me will see. You really MUST start your own thread in the HSBC section to get the help you need, and please read the Step-by-Step guide and the FAQ's; also the new section called Wiki will provide all the help you can possibly wish for

Best of luck with your claim

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

craigten - Hi,

This post will sent your thread back to the top so someone more skilled than me will see. You really MUST start your own thread in the HSBC section to get the help you need, and please read the Step-by-Step guide and the FAQ's; also the new section called Wiki will provide all the help you can possibly wish for

He has done

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/79534-bonesy-hsbc-grrrr.html

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

i have a ltd company with charges exceeding £5000 over the last 6 yrs, as it will not be dealt by the small claims court any advice please. I have another ltd company and am about to make a claim to the small claims courts for £3000 from NatWest, any advice please would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi, I think you can still file at court using N1 and ask for it to be allocated to the small claims court, it my be put on what is called fastrack because of the size of the claim, i think its sort of the fast lane for small claims LOL.

Basically you are asking the court to allocate it so that there is no risk of being hammered by the banks cost if you were to lose. You wont lose but you need that assurance by it being classed as small cliams.

Not exactly sure how you do it, but you can.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi all,

I'm in business and currently trying to claim back 4k from my bank Nat West. I am also wondering about Arrangement Fees & Quarterly Fees. When times were v-hard 3 years ago I was shafted for 3k's worth of these fees. I need cash flow so just agreed to it. I am wondering with all this incredible bank charges re-claim revolt whether it's possible to get some if not all of these fees back. Here is a snap-shot of a letter reply I had today ...

" We would like to point out that items you set out in your Charges Spreadsheet were individually negotiated arrangement fees for facilities and quarterly charges. There are therefore beyond any doubt lawful and enforceable, and are not subject to some of the claims now being made against banks in respect of 'default' charges and could in no way be described as penalties. "

I wondered whether all this is true. I remember at the time being hit for massive fees just for staying with Nat West - I class this as some form of penalty and really would like re-dress if that's possible. ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE PLEASE?

Hi, If the charges were for legit arrangemnt fees, where you asked for an overdraft or extention, then no you cant claim them back as it is a fee for arranging it.

Unless of course it is the same as how HSBC are trying to cloak their charges, calling it an informal overdraft request, & that could happen anytime in a month where you go over the limit.

I would expect an arrangement fee to be one off's & quite expensive wheras informal OD requests would be £25/£30 each time ( not sure if they were around 3 years ago anyway.

I know the fees for them looking & pressing a button to say yes is extortionate, and yes you just agree to pay what they say at the time.

Quarterly fees, i would think again its legit for items paid in & out of the account IE cheques are usually about 65p each and DD & SO payments as well as credits etc.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

i have a ltd company with charges exceeding £5000 over the last 6 yrs, as it will not be dealt by the small claims court any advice please. I have another ltd company and am about to make a claim to the small claims courts for £3000 from NatWest, any advice please would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi again,and welcome to CAG, you will get lots of help & advise from loads of peeps on here.

It would help immensley if you could start your own thread in the forum for your bank. Go back to the CAG homepage & follow forums links to find your bank,then start your own thread, post on there how and what you have done so far (omitt personal details) and where you are up to now.

Your other claim is natwest so post that one in Natwest business forum.

It gives peeps a chance to see how you are progressing and keeps your claim thread intact so we can follow & advise better, for example i would have been able to follow your thread backwards to see which bank you have the £5k claim against :)

You can also then post on the various topic related forums.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

papadak - Hi,

Indeed you are very welcome here. Perhaps the easiest guide to what you can & cannot claim for maybe in the Wiki section on CAG; also all the stuff is still here but navigation can be tricky.

I am in the process of claiming from LTSB and I can tell you they are on 'the ball'; I am claiming for private & business accounts, and have been 'lurking' here for some tiem just to make sure I do not slip-up as my claim is quite large. I sent LTBS (business the wrong LBA S***t) and they were there straight away with a letter 'bit' similar to yours. It would seem to me that the banks are inundated with claims and in the LTSB case they have set-up a special unit for this. They can see straight away if you have slipped-up and if you are doing things wrongly - and if you do things wrongly, you will loose.

Go back to the Step-by-Step guide, FAQ's and Wiki: please please read this info very very carefully. Those who have read and followed this info will WIN - no doubt; those who rush in will - L-O-O-S-E and although a minor slip-up can be re-instated, you may be stepping on loose ground. It is essential you read this stuff, follow as many threads as possible.

We are all in the same boat, we are all little people (compared to the Bank's) - oh I forget - remember the do-dah-gismo person V's the giant in the Testimont - but do you know what? - the little person wins every time -;) [bUT ONLY IF THEY FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES]

Really - best of luck with your claim

Best of luck with your claim -;)

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Shocking amounts of charges !!

That's just not cricket !! :lol:

(sorry..... couldn't resist it) !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Here is a snap-shot of a letter reply I had today ...

" We would like to point out that items you set out in your Charges Spreadsheet were individually negotiated arrangement fees for facilities and quarterly charges. There are therefore beyond any doubt lawful and enforceable, and are not subject to some of the claims now being made against banks in respect of 'default' charges and could in no way be described as penalties. "

This sounds to me like a shrouded admission, that the bank concedes to the fact that "default" charges are penalties, and actions against them for these are legit.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Photoman & Peter Anderson sorry for harping on about T&C but I have looked in CAG library and Wiki site & can still find nothing to do with T&C. Found Wiki site very useful out of interest has anyone gone and sat in on small claims court and more importantly one to do with bank charges??

Love the reference to cricket made me laugh!!

Ermie :)

Hi all, thank you for your valued responses, even yours photoman! In total i am claiming for about 6 different ltd companies, all with Natwest, but some have ceased to trade. I am starting with the lower figured charges on companies, but in total am looking around 50k for the various accounts. When i looked at the charges i realised why we dont have much money!!! I am going to try and figure out how to start my own thread on the Natwest forum now, and also a question to all, my claim is against Natwest, had the first response back from Higley, but the second response came from RBS Commercial saying how they think the charges are justified etc etc. Who do i make my claim against Natwest or RBS?

Imran

When you start your own thread, please do come back and post a link to it on here for us to keep an eye on.

This could be a very interesting and important case, and could pave the way to help other limited company claims.

I know nothing about limited company claims. others here may know more and can help.

I suggest you also PM some of the Mods with a brief outline of your case.

I've always found GaryH very helpful, and if he can't directly advise, he will tell you who can.

Best of luck

PM

Peter Anderson

Fantastic link PeterAnderson finaly found what I was looking for although it doesn't have the year I want, at least I can stop looking. Went into branch to-day to request T&C again and they put me through to bank manager in Birmingham who informed that although I'm a signatory on account I can't request info like that. Explained that Lloyds customer service lady infront of me had letter signed by my husband requesting info and he then told me he didn't know what I meant by T&C. I explained and he then informed that because my account had been opened longer than 6 years that the information I was requesting had probably been destroyed. I assured him it was probably in an archive somewhere. He then told me he would request info but couldn't promise anything. I don't think I will hold my breath. I have decided to proceed to court stage without them as I have been advised I can request them "pursuant to CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©" here's hoping

Ermie :mad:

Ermie,

Follow my post and you should find some useful telephone numbers here to get pre 6y old statements - I got them in end; one of the reasons is that pre 6ys they are on microfiche and to my astonishment were posted from my normal business branch despite the phone request to Andover

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/92011-peteranderson-ltsb-11-5k.html

Peter Anderson

BUMP

Post did not seem to go back to page 1

Peter Anderson

Tawnyowl v Abbey Business

I hope i am in right place. I have a small Ltd company- very small and have incurred charges.I allready have Bank statements so sent letter asking for money back- sent recorded delivery Monday- received reply Wednesday.I was overdrawn by 120.00 mostly made up of charges. Am claiming approx 700.00.They say they need to cover their costs. They say the charges have been debited correctly.They also say its Abbeys policy to refund first charge in each twelve month period and have credited this today.I stated that charges are not in line with regards to certain regulations regarding charges and contracts. They say they are fair.

They say if this complaint escalates to the county court they will review each case individually and if they feel their relationship with customer has broken down they will give notice to close account.Two letters arrived same day one i have just given a rough guide to-another funnily dated one week before cancelling account.I will now move on to letter before action.Once again i hope i am in right place -i feel business claims could be massive.Shabby Abbey

Tawnyowl - Hi,

You are 'kind' of in the right place. You will need to start your own thread in the Abbey section to get the help you need - this thread is an ongoing one on general issues and not necessarily specific to yours. There is information here about banks threatening to close down accounts; they rarely do but in any case it is best to open a 'parachute' account just in case.

Peter Anderson

papadak - They are on the front main page of CAG and in Wiki

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/

Here yer go

Peter Anderson

Guido

Hi. Was the Bump just for your own convenience, or was there something you wanted people to notice and comment upon ?

Regards

PM