Sky Broadband/Sky Talk Nightmare!!

Stobbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly decided to take Sky Broadband and Sky Talk as I have Sky tv already. It appeared to be a good deal and I've always had polite, immediate action when there was a problem with the t.v. service.

On 4th February I hooked up my broadband but, when it came to getting into the emails I found that they had forgotton to send my password. Bit annoyed but waited for them to send it by post. This arrived 4 days later and, it would not allow me to log on. In the meantime my dialup was 100 times faster than the broadband.

On the 8th February I tried to use my telephone and instead of being able to dial out I had a message to contact Sky. They told me that the phone service had been cancelled, they could see it wasn't by me but it would take two days to fix.

I phoned on the 10th, 15th, 16th, and 17th as my broadband nor my phone was working properly and I still couldn't gain access to my emails.

I told them on the 17th that I wanted to cancel. I was told that the only way I could cancel was to write to the Customer Care Department and complain. This I have done but, I don't know how long it will be before I get the broadband and phone removed. In the meantime, I have to dial 1280 to get a BT line and I still cannot access email. It takes 20 to 30 minutes to access the internet and every time you want a new search that takes just as long.

Anyone else having these problems with Sky?

Andrea :)

Yes - they put a leaflet through our front door talking about their new broadband wireless service. I can't remember the exit numbers, but I'm pretty sure it was £11 / month for unlimited mins, plus the router, and no activation fee. I ordered the broadband at the same time as ordering our Sky television service as we'd just moved in together.

The TV man came and set everything up without any problems, however there was no sign of the internet stuff which was due to come through the post. I allowed the time they recommend for it to arrive and on the last day I called them after the postman had been and gone. They said they had no record of me making any order and they'd had computer problems that day.

I said I didn't believe them about computer problems as their system was obviously working to a point as they'd managed to get the Sky man out to do our TV and it was all working for me. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I asked to speak to a supervisor to re-order but get them to send it out within three working days rather than the ten or so it normally takes. I spoke to the supervisor who said she couldn't do that. By this point I was fairly annoyed but decided to reorder anyway as it wa a good deal.

I got put back through to the customer service girl and said I want to reorder the broadband package as before and gave the details. She then said the only package she could offer was £18 a month plus a £40 activation fee. I queried this and she said the package I'd previously ordered was not available in my area. I asked how I was previously able to order it and why they put a leaflet through my front door saying this package was available.

The girl on the phone obviously didn't know how to handle it as I said they were breaking the law by previously selling me a package which seemingly didn't exist. She confirmed they recorded their calls and said it would be looked into. She wouldn't let me speak to her manager, and I asked again why they had sold a service they were now saying they couldn't provide (I had previously given all my bank details and everything for their broadband package!). I asked her why they took my bank details etc for services they couldn't provide, she ended up getting flustered and just hung up.

I never did hear back from them as they said they would contact me...

We also went with Sky Broadband/Sky Talk because we thought it was a good deal. The hassle we had was amazing. We spoke to different customer service from all over the world! We were told something different every time we phoned them, and one of their staff told us no one knew what they were doing. We were given the run around by engineers who never turned up, told we needed this bit of equipment and that bit, but didnt need any of it. In the end we cancelled and we have had 40 letters from them since but not one of them have sorted out the problem. We have only just managed to get rid of Sky Talk. It was a complete nightmare to say the least. Good luck with it, you will need it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now March 6th, still no email, still no phone. Last time I spoke to customer services I was told that I should not have been advised it would take two days to solve the phone problem it takes 39!!!! I am on the verge of writing directly to Sky Chairman to see if he realises what a bloody awful service he is providing (or not in my case).

Does anyone know whether I could take action against them for breach of contract as they are taking my money but not providing the service they promised and are contracted to provide. :sad:

Since you have already stated that you wish to cancel I would carry out that threat and write to them stating that as they are in breach of contract you are cancelling the contract with immediate effect, and give them a reasonable date by which to return any payments they have taken so far.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Andrea, if you look at the contract you'll see their're not liable to you for non-provision of service, so that avenue is already closed. Might be better to seek cancellation and walk away asap.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having these problems with Sky?

Look here..

Sky Broadband feedback - SkyUser - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

Sky has a terrible reputation for customer Service, when your service is good and everything running smoothly, its fine. When things go bad however, they are hopeless and one of the "worst ever" companies (the broadband section that is..) I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with..:evil::evil: