Hello...Some help would be appreciated!

NickyBoyT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Between November and january i got charged 120 pound for charges, going overdrawn.

My friends dad wrote a letter to them to say that it was illegal to take the 120 pound without authorization and wanted the money back.

They sent me a letter starting like this:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy over your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some extra services. When a customer doesn’t have enough in their account to cover a payment, this always means additional work. We must either make the payment via an overdraft or send the payment request back. Either way, it has to happen speedily. We feel it’s only fair to charge for the extra work involved.

Of course, it’s only fair, too, that we’re completely open about any charged-for services before you take them up. That’s why we take care to provide every new customer with the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, via our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers avoid charges altogether.

Just to stop getting charged i didnt write to them again, i paid the 120 pound charge. Then i closed the account this month.

Will i be able to still claim back my money??

The bank was Lloyds TSB

I'm only 19, so i need as much help as possible on what to do,

Thanks,

NickyBoyT

yes

follow the step by step instructions

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If these were your only charges, you do not need to request your statements - assuming you knew the date they were debited.

Start at the first, preliminary letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I'm in a similar boat, but have a lot more charges- If you dont know the exact dates and charges amount, then send off the data protection letter. If you do, then as Dolly says, proceed to the next step

PS.It might be better editing your title of this thread to NickyboyT v Loyds TSB