Anybody come across LDK Security?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what was the outcome? did they proceed with court action?

I would bet very strongly they did not, and that the letters have probably fizzled out by now.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 months later...
I have now received a letter at my works address as I had used company lettered paper.

Ignore it.

LDK are now threatening Bailifs but surely the Bailifs couldnt take any action at my works address as my car is not registered at this address.

Ignore it.

A man called Jo has requested I call him and even left a mobile number aswell as a 08000 number. Should I contact him or contiue to ignore any correspondance

Ignore it/him

as I am quite happy to go to court to fight my case but I dont want to give any personal details.

You wont go to court and by ignoring them you wont give any personal details.

So basically the advice is to ignore.

regards

• 3 weeks later...
This is very interesting. My son received a Civil Parking Charge Notice from Roxburghe for £140 on 14 Jan. The letter relates to an alleged offence

It is not an offence, don't get confused with real tickets issued by people with real authority.

in October 2009. He knows nothing about any parking fine

It is not a fine either. Only lawful authorities can issue fines not mickey mouse private companies.

until this letter. Nothing has ever been attached to his car. The car park he uses daily for work if a piece of waste ground to be built on shortly. There are no marked bays, and the ticket machine has been out of order on some days. When it was, he put a note in the windscreen. He can't rememeber 3 months on, if the 5 October was one of those days. He wrote to LDK asking for an explanation, and got a 3 line letter saying it's nothing to do with them it's in the hands of the debt collector (Roxburghe).

Ah a debt collector, a person with absolutely no powers or authority whatsoever, the worse they can do is send a letter in scary red ink.

The letter was on dodgy looking headed paper, and wasn't signed. He rang Roxburghe who offered no explanation as to why it was £140 on the first letter, and just said he had to pay but the amount would be frozen pending the dispute outcome.

I think you are beginning to realise now that any appeal or even contact with these clowns is a waste of your time and money, you are giving them the credibility they crave.

They said they had photographic evidence and would send it on to him.

And this photograph is evidence of what exactly, I'll tell you naff all.

He has heard nothing since.

Everyone on the forum appears to say ignore it's a [problem]. That's fine but the thing that worries me here is that he never had the notice as alleged.

So what? a ppc tells lies that's nothing new to people on this forum.

What's to say they put a ticket on took a photograph then took the notice off ?

What if they did? Why even worry about it? You are falling for the [problem].

Any thoughts.....should he ignore and hope it goes away?

Hope has nothing to do with it, completely ignore them. You will get more free toilet paper with escaling levels of threats then they will give up and go away. Only mugs pay.

Cheers

regards

Tonight i've recieved a £60 fine rising to £90 after 14 days and £140 after 28 days "to cover administrative costs".

You have not received a 'fine', you have received a begging letter.

To make it clear, I know I am in the wrong. But what gives the LDK group the right to charge people for parking on public highway double yellow lines? It's like a private group walking along St.Mary's way issuing fines?icon_confused.gif

They can't.

Surely this area is out of LDK's control.

Correct

So I do plan to appeal the fine,

Don't waste your time or money.

Am I really OK ignoring this?

Yes

Really good work guys, thanks for any replies.

regards

• 2 weeks later...
. the citizens advice bureau told me that debt collection agencies can get out of hand and i could end up owing hundreds of pounds, so i was advised to write to ldk to appeal,

Just shows that those persons who are supposed to support the citizen really don't know what they are talking about .

They should just admit they don't know what you should do rather than give such stupid advice.

regards

Today I got a phonecall from Graham and White Solicitors (Rebecca).

Firstly I was asked to confirm my address, I didn't refuse but asked why?

If they call again, tell them they must go through YOUR security to continue the call before you will answer any of their questions, then make up the most ridiculous questions you can think off, they will soon get the idea.

regards

• 2 weeks later...
. The notice also advised me not to ignore the letter as this will not resolve or remove the debt.

No debt has been established so how can it be resolved or removed.

regards

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I parked at a car park at durham unvesity hospital My child had an appointment at that hospital I have appointment letters which show this and coraspond with times of my ticket. On my arrival at the hospital I dropped my partner and child off near as I could get to the hospital then proceeded to the car park.Its a private car park not an offical hospital one it did have a ticket machine . I purchased a ticket which was valid at 2 hours and left . Later I returned to my car just at that point a parking assistant for ldk was issuing a ticket on my car he also took photos of my car . I asked why as I had a valid ticket on my dash he said yes I know but it’s upside down and I’ve issued you a parking fine the tickets issued now it’s too late.

So the idiot agreed you had a valid ticket but still issued you with an unenforceable invoice? What a plonker.

I opened my door to find out the ticket was not the right way up but the corsa I drive has a very curvy dash board and I guess when I put the ticket on dash and shut my door the draft blew it and it and it was a little bit blustery and you get a draft when you shut car doors which I guess blew the ticket over .

Doesn't matter you had bought and displayed a ticket, enough done.

The ticket was not a stick on ticket so it’s easy for this to happen .I have appealed it but got a letter saying theres several signs through out the car park saying the ticket must be clealy displayed and the parking ticket does state this to that I have .

I would love this one to be taken to court they have no loss whatsoever. Just shows how much damage forums such as this one have done to their business.

Goes on to say I have to pay £60 in seven days then goes up to £90 then bebt collection agency then court blar blar blar so on..

In their dreams.

Consumer help I rang them the say if theres signs up in the car par saying how the ticket should be displayed and i havent done this then I should pay

Just goes to show, those tasked with helping the consumer don't know what they are talking about.

Solicitor said it would cost more than the ticket for me to take this up

Then you have come to the right place our advice is free, and works.

Citeszens advice were not intrested

:shock:

Help please

Simple one this, you have done far more than is required you have seen any sort of appeal is laughed at and refused. So treat them with the contempt they have treated you and IGNORE all the free toilet paper they will send you.

regards

It is illegal for them to claim a sum of money off you that bears no relation to the actual loss suffered.

Are you sure it is 'illegal?

regards

. If nothing ever comes of it except threatining letters why does there employee take photos as evidence .

Think about it, what evidential value is a photograph of a parked car?

I'll give you the answer, none, it is evidence of nothing, in fact someone may have cloned your registration number onto a stolen car, the ppcs are trying to play at being real that is all, ignore them.

regards

• 4 months later...

You are taking this far too seriously, any appeal will be ignored, you are being more than generous describing any photographs as 'Evidence', evidence of what? A parked car, how is that eveidence?

You are best just ignoring the whole thing otherwise the will just keep writing to you with ever more threatening letters.

regards

• 3 months later...

You are near the end of the process now, you may get a final, final chance to send them some money before they give up, bear in mind we are close to christmas and times are gard for the poor ppcs.

regards

• 4 weeks later...
My son recently parked in one of their car parks (pay and display) He bought a ticket £1.50 for two hours and as their tickets dont have the usual sticky back on just placed it on his dashboard.

So he owes them absolutely nothing, end off story.

He returned to find a Penalty fine of £60.

It's not a fine, more a begging letter.

The ticket had fallen possibly down the front of the dash when he closed his door. I wrote to them enclosing the purchased ticket but didnt give our address only a mobile number for contact.

You have done far more than you should have done, ignore evrything from now on. Sadly, now that they have your phone number they will probably pester/threaten you via that now.

They rang asking for an address to send the appeal to so I sent them an email stating I wasnt prepared to pay and using my works address. Next day they sent a rejection letter stating that the fine would go up if not paid in 14 days, I only received the letter today as my work place was closed over xmas. Any ideas what we can do???

Yes, STOP contacting them and ignore them from now on.

Its my house and my son lives with me, can they really pbtain our address

If you are the registered keeper and it is your current address, then yes.

and send the heavies in??????

This myth just will not go away, NO ONE WILL TURN UP AT YOUR HOUSE.

This also happened to my aunt in a proper council park and they let her off as she had the ticket as priif.

That is the difference between a lawful authority and a Private parking company.

Any more worries/problems post back.

regards

After posting on here yesterday I found another letter in my pigeon hole, a DO IGNORE

I have corrected the text of their letter for you!

final warnig letter stating that my time had ran out and I now had to pay £140 or it would be passed on to a collection agency.

Ah the old collection agency ploy, and what can they do? Nothing but send you more junk mail.

The letter also had a section on the bottom about transfer of liability, wanting to know who the driver was.

I don't suppose it stated that you are under no obligation whatsoever to name the driver, funny, they must have forgot to put that bit in.

Do you think it would be safe to carry on ignoring???

YES, very.

They obviously havent got the keeper details yet as its my sons car, not mine. I also forgot to mention that in the email I sent them several weeks ago I stated that I wasnt prepared to pay the fine, I had proof that a ticket was purchased, that it wasnt a fine but an unenforceable invoice and if they were to take me to court it would only be to recover money I have caused them to lose which was nil as the ticket was purchased.

So you have clearly set out your position and they choose to do what you should do to them, IGNORE.

I also noiced on the back of the "fine" it has a section APPEALS

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, every time I see that word from a Private Parking company I just burst out laughing.

which says that "you must provide evidence as to why you were parked in violation of the parking terms and conditions as displayed on the contractual warning signs"

Did it cite a legal authority as to why you MUST provide evidence? No thought not it's just BS.

should it not say provide evidence as to why you were NOT in violation or am I reading too much into it??

Yes far too much.

It also says you must include your name and address in all correspondence...as if....

There's that word 'must' again, perhaps the law changed over Christmas to give them all these new powers to demand such things.

When you are issued with a PROPER fine from the police these details are already on your ticket.

I am quite worried

You really needn't be, the letter chain is designed to have that very effect on you, the secret is to see it for what it is, it is simply a begging letter with follow up legal threats that they never carry out.

regards

I wish i'd found this sooner!

we got a 'fine' the other day by over staying the time on the ticket by 7minutes, this was due to dropping the car keys inside the hospital causing us to be delayed. being nice, we have sent a letter off to the wonderous ldk explaining the circumstances etc etc, with our address, i know, stupid!!, should have looked around beforehand!

so, now that we have made contact would it still be good advice to ignore their letters, which are bound to arrive any day now?

do they really have any grounds to take us to court as we technically did break the agreed time slot?

any help appreciated guys!

No they don't have any grounds to take you to court especially for the sums claimed as they in no way reflect their actual loss.

regards

I am currently being harassed by LDK regarding "causing an obstruction" because I was parked in a "Loading Bay" which is merely a lay-by. I read the advice here and was absolutely convinced I was not going to pay. Unfortunately every time I get a letter it make you think just pay it to get rid of them. Then I read this again and it convinces me to carry on ignoring. I've just read some other stuff which is quite liberating and has guven me further steel to carry on.

Attached is section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.......

Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

— (1) A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—

(a)

harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b)

falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

©

falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

(d)

utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

(2) A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

This pretty much sums LDK up.

Any thoughts and further comfort from members of the forum would be gratefully recieved.

Yes, I agree s40 sums them up spot on ut don't try and get anybody to do anything about it because they wont.

Ignore is really the best policy, if you feel like giving money away for peace of mind is there not a charity more worthy of your hard earned cash?

regards

• 2 weeks later...
Update re parking ticket received when pay and display ticket fell along dash......received another (not very official looking) letter at my works address, from ethical debt recovery stating they had now taken on the "debt"

So they have taken on a debt that has never been established, they wont get very far with that.

it wasnt signed or properly addressed to me other than the actual postal address. Thinking maybe just return to sender?

I wouldn't waste your time sending it back, it's always good to keep them and have another read when you feel like a good laugh.

Its my sons car anyway, they dont have proof of who was driving

And there ends any chance of a case against you.

and he has since put on a private reg which should confuse these clowns even more if and when they contact Dvla for car owner details!!!

DVLA don't have owner details only registered keepers.

The letter was obviously a standard letter as it even said that no dispute has been entered into when it clearly has via letter and email!!

You have already done too much, and wasted your time and money.

Should I ignore or return to sender???

IGNORE

Regards

regards

They get away with it because people have caved in and paid. So they are sticking to a script that works best for them hoping people wont notcie things like, different names but same address.

regards

• 1 year later...

Hi i know im repeating alot of what people have said butim very concerned. I cant afford to go to court or repay fees they feel they have lost if it does go to court.

Put simply, it won't go to Court. I have had 35 of these tickets and none of them have taken me to court. Also, what can they take you too court for? You have paid for a ticket, they would have to prove that by not displaying that ticket they have lost whatever amount they are claiming, they would have no chance in court and they know it.

However i got a ticket in January this year. My boss took the ticket to appeal on my behalf as it was at a work meeting.

It is well documented on ths site what a complete waste of time and money apealing to these clowns is. All it does is play to their egos.

I purchased a ticket and assumed i had displayed it. i then got a letter saying unsucessful.

No surprise to the regulars here.

Id heard people say theyd ignore them and heard nothing. I then got a letter from debt collectors to which i panicked and replied saying i had paid, i included my purchased ticket and said i vehnemously denied charges.

Don't get hung up on debt collectors, they have no powers whatsoever. People confuse them with bailiffs. A debt collector has less power than my cat. If you get a letter from my cat be very concerned!!!

ive then received a letter from solicitors detailing my costs and that my fine needs paying. Ive phoned the solicitors and spoke to a girl who has told me that the ticket is valid as they have images which proves the ticket was not displayed on my car dashboard, in which when ive looked at it, there is no ticket, to which im confised because i have the ticket and im sure i displayed it correctly, after all ive still got it!

Solicitors in this case, is some minimum wage monkey in the same office as the people who sent the ticket in the first place. The have an arrangement whereby they can use a dodgy solicitors name in return for a cut of the wedge. If they were real solicitors they would know they don't have a chance in hell with their demands.

Im worried because ive contacted them by both phone and letter, they have my address, contact and email. in total i have received 3 letter now and darent ignore them incase it goes to court.

This is exactly the effect they are hoping for, they exact way their letters and fake debt collectors and solicitors are set up, to cause the reaction you are showing. I repeat, they wont take you to court, here is a guarantee for you. If they take you to court and win, I will personally pay all your costs including any travel costs you incur and whatever the Judge orders, I promise you it will not cost you a penny. Lets hope they have the bottle to go for it.

im 6 months pregnant and very scared of the situation as ive been told it will go to court if i dont pay.

They have told me that so many times it makes me laugh!

i know ill be the unlucky one who gets took to court and im both scared and worried about it.

You have my personal guarantee above.

some concerete advice would be a MAJOR help. im going out of my mind woth worry!!

You are falling for their bluff and bluster and that is all it is. You have far more important things to worry about with your baby. Don't let these clowns put more pressure on you. I promise you will laugh about this in the future.

will contacting the FOS make a difference as i know they now deal with debt collectors??

No.

i dotn have the money to pay but if theres a good risk

There is no risk, only what your imagination is telling you, put it this way, if they really had any hope of winning in court, do you really think they would bother with, letter after letter after letter, telephone calls and emails, it would be one letter then court. THINK ABOUT IT. For the cost of a few letters some mug will pay them £70 maybe more. Going to court cost them summons issue fee, preparation, then sending someone to YOUR nearest Court, with aboslutely no chance of winning, it is just not viable.

i could end up going to court ill have to lend the money and pay it off

No you wont, I will pay it for you.

......i hope somebody responds asap preferably LDK hater. im also worried as its not now with LDK its with solicitors, so its fine saying to ignore LDK but what about the solicitors??? thats surely a different ball game??

No it's not it is all part of the bluff and you are falling for it.

Thanks in advance.

regards

• Haha 1