• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Vebb v Halifax - the trail begins? ***WON***

Vebb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ADVICE PLEASE...if there is anyone on line and available...I have had no news from halifax whatsoever following my LBA...14 days due up tomorrow on 11th April...should I give extra days for Bank holidays, or do I just go onto next stage?

Help please - all advice truly truly required!!!:confused:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi vebb...;)

If your 14 days are up then its time to file. Have you decided mcol or N1?

You might as well got the little extra, im sure howard wont mind..:D

No extra days. they have had enough days to comply.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm here but am no expert! I'd be inclined just to go to the next stage though, they never make any allowance for us over anything. Hope you get an expert answer before long. Will check back later x

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

You lucky thing Vebb-you can add the interest now!

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Thanks all (100% major league!!)... truly I really needed your guidance, moral support, etc.

Well, here we go then - I have not rung them or anything, as have been reading other threads and can see they get no where with a call, so have left it all to paperwork...will update my thread when typed & raring to go,,aiming for tonight - scary time!!!

Be back on later!!!

I intended MCOL, and had saved but have read tonight about problems with it, should I right it and go for N1 - what are views?

Please get back with advice guys!!! :confused: Mega-confused here now!!

Thanks

Have a read of this vebb...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

If you do decide N1, phone your local county court to see if they have any backlogs, as this can really delay your claim.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

MCOL ready....just nervous about pressing that button....Court Costs £120, and could I do with that right now...however, stay strong, etc - any advice guys

Well hopefully you will get it back soon, dont forget to add your SAR fee..!

Deep breath ....

and press the button..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

F&Q's... Read here

I had to take several deep breaths before pressing the button. I read lots of threads on here and they gave me the strength to do it. I now find myself checking my bank account all the time just in case the give up earlier on me!

Good luck.

[COLOR=plum]Prelim 5/3/07; rec'd standard letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]LBA 19/3/07; rec'd further holding letter[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum]MCOL 5/4/07; waiting with baited breath[/COLOR]

Yes.

F&Q's... Read here

Wanted to update my Thread straight away: I have paid my money to the Court £120.00 in total in fees - had to wait a week as did not have it to hand avail - and it is done... the MCOL is in and a copy has been printed.

Letter done enclosing schedule of charges dups for the Court to attach to MCOL POC which I will post tomorrow - and there we have it - legality commences....oh my word!!! Should this go recorded delivery/special delivery too??

Thanks to everyone so far for all their support and guidance - I really have needed it and know I will again - keep in touch please tho guys, could never have got this far without you!!

Any idea now what I may expect from the Halifax?? :rolleyes:

Everything recorded delivery, and now you are dealing with the courts not halifax.

You should hear from mcol next week, let us know when you do.

F&Q's... Read here

I definitely will - you deserve a medal for your help & support - just to me, let alone anyone else.

Will send the 2 spreadsheets today off to the Court, recorded delivery - Wow, I can't believe I have done it - I am so proud of myself!!

Some threads hear from Halifax quite soon after papers are filed - but can't imagine me being that lucky - anyway will keep my thread up to date, so you know where I am!! Do keep in touch and ...thank you again!!

I have tried to add to legal cases on line, so that Group admin can keep up to date on cases ongoing - but not to much success - will have another go tonight and see if I can work it out (not very technical I am afraid...any advice on that, or is it ok to leave it?)

Just checked the MCOL for my case - and it says Issued today 19/4/07 - does that mean then that the Halifax will have something from the Courts very soon??

Apologies for being thick....this is all so mega new to me!!!

I know I still have to wait for letter of acknowledgement before I send further letter etc to their solicitor - but am I right???

Hey Vebb,

Been catching up on your thread and it all looks very complicated!! Glad to see that you are getting some good advice....you seem to have everything under control;)

I still have had no money and the 14 days expired yesterday...NOT HAPPY!!!:mad:

Chu x

I sure have - but still early days...so what is the next course of action with you not looked that far on the reading...if the 14 days is up ... is it Court, or bailiffs?? and why did Halifax agree to pay you if not intended..naughty trick...did you cancel your MCOL or leave it running? Might be an option to give them a call to that no you had before, and give an ultimatimum possibly - but check other threads first for info..I think would start preparing yourself and gather as much info as poss over weekend, then go for it on Monday.

Plus..remember it will prob be same for me over next week or so - fore-armed, fore-warned, etc is better - don't you think??

Keep me up to date - as I really do think that is bad - have you seen the returned charges on welcome page - the halifax is the worst!

Hi Vebb, Looks like your case is progressing - you can start thinking about what you'll spend it all on. Hopefully they'll agree to settle before court, as you say they've paid out the most on the welcome page. I've rec'd the stardard 8 weeks to investigate letter for one account, so at least I know they got the prelim letter.

Suz x

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Suzie - stick to the timeframe that the Group gives mind don't you wait that 8 weeks the Halifax has mentioned - you have got your deadline, then go onto the LBA stage..prepare yourself tho and keep reading whilst you wait, almost assume it is going on, that way you know where you are headed. I had same letter dated 6th April rec'd after prelim from them, saying they will investigate and get back to me at the latest by 14th May - but not a whisper - and I am a tad ahead - so shall we watch this space hey? What did I read somewhere on the site 2..Keep up the trail..think it was??

Speak soon

Vebb

Am sticking to my timescales, and still reading as it will soon be LBA time :) . Hubby is bearing up but is mourning the loss of the PC as I never really used it much before, now I've taken root LOL. I let him on now and again as he runs a forum for metal detecting and needs to do moderator type things.

Hope they settle easily for you, and everyone else. I think they are probably in meltdown, like I said before why don't they just give in and pay up. Save themselves a lot of hassle.

Have not heard a whisper from them since MCOL went in - am wondering if I need to possibly ring, as have read some threads have had succes this way what do you think?

Plus do you have a Tel suitable to use, if I did?

Received the Notice of Acknowledgement from MCOL 27/4/07, staying "Ack of Service of your Claim has been filed today, a copy of which is attached. The defendant now has 28 days from the dat eof service of the claim form to file a defence."

On the Acknowledgement, the box has been ticked that the slicitor intends to defend all of this claim.

I would appreciate any comments:

1. Is this how others have been received, and as expected of the norm?

2. Do I just follow procedure now and send copy schedules to their solicitor.

Truly grateful if I could have comments from more experienced guys??

Ta!!