matt v Abbey

mattyb13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi matt,

sounds like you are at same stage as me, Abbey have untill 24th April to pay me back or I will start court proceedings, I have been checking my bank acct every day just in case but nothing yet :mad: :mad: , but will keep an eye on your thread, be interesting to see how they react.

lisa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right im off to court today to put my N1 in.

Just a couple of questions before I do.

1, do I put the defendant as Abbey Plc/Abbey National Plc/Abbey Bank Plc???

2, When sending my prelim and Lba to them I included the bit about a default being removed as abbey had sent me a letter a couple of months ago informing me that in 28 days they would be defaulting my account. They also sent my account to DRMS, which I think is their in house debt collection people.I have look at my credit report and they have not actually entered a default but stopped just 1 step short. Should I still ask for this to be removed??

3, If the answer to question 2 is yes I should ask for it to be removed how do I enter this on the N1 form?? I guess it would need to go on the breif details of claim and the POC section but does anybody know how to word it??

Thanks guys, matt

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

Bump...

didnt submit my N1 today as Im still unsure about the above points. Can anyone help??

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Still havent filed at court. really want to do it tomorrow..

Has anyone got any advice/ideas on the questions above. I would be very grateful

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Sorry can't help you, I am at same stage as you, I am thinking of doing mine online MCOL, but not sure if better than doing N1 through court, but I don't have time to get down to court.

Hope someone helps you at asap...i am watching with baited breath....:???:

Right im off to court today to put my N1 in.

Just a couple of questions before I do.

1, do I put the defendant as Abbey Plc/Abbey National Plc/Abbey Bank Plc???

I think they're registered as Abbey National PLC - have a look at the bottom of their letters, it should say their name with the registered head office address. Saying that, I sued them as Abbey PLC so it probably doesn't make much difference.

2, When sending my prelim and Lba to them I included the bit about a default being removed as abbey had sent me a letter a couple of months ago informing me that in 28 days they would be defaulting my account. They also sent my account to DRMS, which I think is their in house debt collection people.I have look at my credit report and they have not actually entered a default but stopped just 1 step short. Should I still ask for this to be removed??

Not sure - if you have a negative entry on your credit file which was caused SOLELY by their levying of penalty charges, then yes, I would say you have the right to have it amended.

3, If the answer to question 2 is yes I should ask for it to be removed how do I enter this on the N1 form?? I guess it would need to go on the breif details of claim and the POC section but does anybody know how to word it??

Not sure on this either, if you do a search under "default removal" you may find what you need. If not, Gizmo111 is a good person to ask.

Thanks guys, matt

HTH, sorry I could'nt be of more help.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Went to hand my N1 in at court this morning and the county courts office is closed due to industrial action :rolleyes:

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 3 weeks later...

Right just a quick update.

Abbey had until yesterday to acknowledge my claim. I rang the court today and they dont have anything. Im not going to ask for a jugdgement just yet though because it took the court 2 weeks to send me the acknowledgement when I filed against lloyds.

I think I will give it a week and if there is still no sign of an acknowledgement I might go for it then.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi Matt

I was due to get my court bundle in by 29 May 2007.

Abbey called me last Wednesday and wanted to settle out of court.

I called the man back (Roman) and decided to ask for an extra £150.00 on top of his offer to me.

He agreed and asked me to liase with the court when money arrived.

This has now happened.

I now have my money - all settled.

Keep up with your claims and good luck

Georgie Porgy :D

Asked for a judgement today as abbey should of acknowledged 9 days ago.

Not sure I will get it but I thought I would give it a try. The woman at the court did say they were a bit behind so they could already have it. will just wait and see :)

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

I received through the post direct from abbey a copy of their defence. They had until yesterday to file a defence through the courts but I have had absolutly nothing not even an acknowledgement. I asked for judgement a week ago but all is quiet on the court front. I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see whats going on:confused:

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 4 weeks later...

Right, this seems to be going slow. I have received an AQ from the court whish needs to be in by 12th July.

I never received an AQ with my last claim and I'm a little dissapointed that I have received one as I am sure that Abbey will ask for a months stay.

I'm thinking about asking for a strike out in my AQ. Is this a good idea on a 1st AQ or shall I wait and see if Abbey ask for a stay and put it on a 2nd AQ.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

thanks

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Bump. anyone have any ideas if I should go for the strike out on the 1st AQ

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Right Ive been down to the court and handed my AQ in. Paid another £100 which has annoyed me because Abbey will try and settle for less. I am going to go for the lot now. the AQ fee has pushed my claim over £3900 now and I'm dertermined to get the lot back.

Oh and I went for the abuse strike out I will let you know what happens

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Good luck matty, I also went for abuse strike out at Worcs CC DJ Parry is dealing with my case. My AQ was in on 4th June and haven't heard anything yet. I will let you know as soon as I do - hope it is good news for both of us!!

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi, J.

was your case origanally listed with DJ Dickenson? Did you hear what happened to him? terrible news.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

No, just DJ Parry, why what happened to DJ Dickenson?

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

He was the guy that was on the front of the worcester news, he got swept away in his car in the floods and died.

I wonder if DJ Parry is doing the Abbey cases because everybody I know who has had lloyds cases at Worcester had DJ Dickenson and the lloyds cases had no AQs but mine and your Abbey cases have.

Hopefully DJ Parry will go with the abuse order.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 3 weeks later...

Right, the judge didnt go for the abuse order nor did he go for the draft order for directions but he did give me a court date in just over 4 weeks time so I'm quite happy with that. 23rd August and he has only allocated 10 mins for the hearing which I thought was strange

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi mattyb,

I had a stay ordered on my Lloyds claim but I have used the time to send GaryH's mediation letters so that it looks good in my favour when I take the copies to court and there are no SC&M replies to show. Just sent the second nudge letter.

Does your order say what sort of hearing it is? allocation hearing or full hearing?

Good luck

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi nightowl, it is the final hearing thats why Im surprised the judge has only given me 10 mins, when I claimed against lloyds I was given an hour.

Maybe he has only given 10 mins because he knows that it is not even going to get to court.

On a different note, I have been off the forums for a couple of weeks after having a little holiday after getting my money back from lloyds and my internet being down due to the flooding. Where have the witness statements gone and things like, that has it been moved because of this wiki thing if so can some kind soul be grateful to post the link to the witness statement I need to put in my bundle.

Thanks

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi Matt - haven't received anything in writing yet from the court but they confirmed on the phone on Friday that the judge has allocated my case to the small claims and that I should hear from them in the next few days - hope I get a similar Court date to you - I was expecting mine to be some time in September!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57385-examples-witness-statements-disclosure.html this link should take you to the witness statements - Good Luck, let me know how you get on and if you hear anything from Abbey

Thanks J33,

I see that you filed your AQ before me, so yes hopefully, you should have a date simalar to mine. I have been keeping an eye on your thread aswell and it seems to be going slow for you.

On another point I have received a GOGW from Abbey for £125, my claim is over £3800. I received this after I made a complaint but not about charges. They phoned me up and said I am contacting you about your complaint. I said which one?:D I then informed them I was already taking legal action.

They then sent me a letter saying they will deposit a £125 GOGW and it will not affect my claim so I havent bothered sending a letter rejecting it, is that ok?

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI