Jump to content

lisam1969

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. Well the story so far in a nutshell, I have gone to court, paid £250 to file, and the another £100 for the AQ - got a letter back saying that due to ongoing case with OFT the case is stayed pending outcome..didn't bother chucking away good money to get this over turned...just wait now... But now Abbey are starting to chase me to pay my overdraf which is £1700, never mind they owe me over £5k...whats the best way to get these guys to wait like I have to for this OFT case to sort itself out....any advise anyone...I was going to offer say £10.00 a month, just to show them I am paying something.:-|
  2. I got a letter today advising that my case has been stayed pending outcome of the OFT case....blah blah blah, was expecting that anyway...by the way this is with Lambeth County Court - could one of the Mods update your records....
  3. i also rcvd my AQ from Abbey on 30th of Aug and they said they had sent me copies on 27th, they have also stated £2000 costs....wonder if I can get away with chaging that amount...
  4. thought this email might be of interest, i rcvd yesterday.....there is someone in the building anyway... Dear ********* You should by now have received a letter from Abbey explaining about the Office of Fair Trading test case recently issued in the High Court (if not, further information on this can be found at www.abbey.com). In light of the test case we are now instructed that Abbey are not prepared to offer any further settlement figures or accept any offers of settlement from claimants pending the outcome of the test case. Abbey will be applying for a stay of your claim in the meantime. You will hear further from the Court if/when the stay takes effect. Kind regards Clare
  5. have just rcvd an AQ today from lambeth CC, can someone please advise how best to complete, is there a quick link how best to do this - i am sure I have seen it before..:o
  6. sorry its a bit early, last bit should have read "throw out the stay":D
  7. abroadgirl I also have the same letter from abbey re the stay, can you tell me where i get the letter to ask court tothrough out stay... thanks
  8. yes, i thought that was a bit strange, I think i will take your advice and not fax a copy to court..will report back as soon as i have some more news. thnks lula
  9. I have just read your defence and is exacetly the same as mine to the word, and also signed by same person on 27th july, so will subscribe to your threads so we can both see what stage we are progressing, I tool also panicked a bit when the defence arrived, but all the reading i have done on this site since Feb 06 this all seems standard abbey practice...
  10. quick update, Abbey sent letter to say they are defending in full...suprise suprise, have called the court and they want me to fax them a copy of the defence because they haven't received a copy... Once they have a copy they should send out AQ, has anyone had any dealings with Lambeth Ccounty court, do they still do AQ's....
  11. yes, lula is right, I am also claiming on a frozen account which is o/d, called them and told them that as they owe me more money than I owe them and that I would not be making any further payments to clear this o/d for now...they didn't challenge me...think they may have a few people doing this.....
  12. Well done !!!, I am at the very early stages of court so far, so hopefully should be having one of thoses cocktails soon....enjoy your holiday.... p.s...Happy Birthday to me today...38...
  13. yeah, you were both right, got a letter from Court yesterday stating that Abbey had acknowledged and intend tp defend all the claim, still waiting for clare from Ashurts to respond, she declined my 97% of the claim and said she will come back to me....whatever... I have been using this brilliant site for so long now to know that this is all just delaying tatics...I can wait for my money....
  14. just thought I would update the situation, filed claim on 26th june - they have untill the 20th July to respond - but I have emailed Ashursts (abbeys solicitors) and told them how much I am willing to accept to stop further action - they declined the offer (thought they might), am now waiting for them to make me an offer, if it's not at least 90% of my claim it will be NO !....... keeping an eye on the email, they are responding fairly quickley...
×
×
  • Create New...