Roxbrough/Roxborough??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have received a rather nasty message from the above company today. They have left no details other than "personal reasons" but no return number.

Can anyone tell me if they have heard of the above company? (sorry cant be sure of the spelling) and who they usually act for?

A Google search has shown up a thread on another website, but no real details.

Probably shouldnt worry until I get another call or letter....but I cant help myself!

Any help appreciated!!

Rita xx

Hi, I know these people, they are debt collectors and one of my bank debts was passed to them - they spell their name Roxburgh, I think (don't have documents to hand as I'm not at home) but pronounce it as above. They seem to have nasty but stupid types working for them and don't want to take your word for anything - they kept harassing me by phone and by letter, and when I finally spoke to them (I made them ring me, wasn't going to use my credit up on them!) on the phone the guy was v. unpleasant, so I became equally as unpleasant back, which resulted in him putting the phone down on me! (I don't think it's supposed to work that way!).

I've now sent them a detailed letter stating exactly what I'm doing, ie taking the Nationwide to Court (the debt they are trying to collect is entirely made up of charges which were mainly added because the Nationwide decided to cut my overdraft limit twice when I was already in financial difficulty, and have been charging me overlimit charges ever since) and they have backed off. There are letters on the template bit of this site which you can use to stop them harassing you if you should need to, though I found just knowing the law and mentioning it to them seems to work.

Good luck! If you want any more info about them I'll try to help, though I don't know a lot.

Sirensinger

Thanks for that!

It sounds a bit weird but I was quite hoping it would be linked to a Nationwide account I had. It was only used from familiy allowance being paid in and a direct debit of £4.49 each month. They decided in their wisdom to bounce it on me about 2 years ago for the sake of £1.32!! and charge me £28 (ish) for the pleasure. As its not my main account I didnt really check and when I saw my allowance was being eaten up each time and further charges being added, I just stopped payments in, cancelled the DD and moved house (without changing my address...ooops)

So in a nut shell, I now understand why it has only been a phone call and no letters, I kept my number when I moved. As I have only recently found this site, I can now take great pleasure in claiming all my money back! (with a donation of course)

Thanks again for the help!;)

• 2 years later...

Lowlife is what they are.

If your home number get it changed if your with BT its free just tell them you are fed up of constant cold calling, I did it and they did it for free, stopped all the stupid idiots calling, only friends and family now have the number, anyone else I just give them my old number.

They can call you up to three times a day anything more is harrassment but you must have spoken to them in those three times even if you only say everything in writing and put the phone down.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation