Help advice sought

ceborame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made arrangements with 2 DCA's - Lowell & Brian Carter.

One is for about £1500 from Barclaycard

The other is a visa from EGG for approx £4000

I pay Lowell £44/month and Brian Carter £50/month

Firstly these amounts are really stretching me and I want to reduce them, how do I do this please ?

Or better still as these are both credit cards I obviously received charges prior to them going to debt recovery, can I suspend all activity and challenge the amounts ?

This will allow me to stop paying for the time being, and then re negotiate a more managable monthly amount with them.

The next Direct Debits for both is 21st Feb, shall I stop these ?

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Not until you send them a letter telling them you are disputing the money owed due to disproportionate penalties being applied to the account, as the account is in dispute you will not be paying anymore until the matter has been resolved.

Send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to get your accountr statements and look up posts regarding CCA as you may wish to do this also.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I shall draft a letter today, regarding SAR and inform them that any money payments will now be stopped as I dispute the charges.

I will stop the D/D's tomorrow.

I will assume this is the correct procedure ??

Many thanks

I have made arrangements with 2 DCA's - Lowell & Brian Carter.

One is for about £1500 from Barclaycard

The other is a visa from EGG for approx £4000

I pay Lowell £44/month and Brian Carter £50/month

Firstly these amounts are really stretching me and I want to reduce them, how do I do this please ?

Or better still as these are both credit cards I obviously received charges prior to them going to debt recovery, can I suspend all activity and challenge the amounts ?

This will allow me to stop paying for the time being, and then re negotiate a more managable monthly amount with them.

The next Direct Debits for both is 21st Feb, shall I stop these ?

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Ceborame- I think you'll find that Bryan Carter are not a DCA, but a solicitors acting on behalf of a company. I'm dealing with that bunch at the moment and they're not helpful at all- in fact, I've written more than one complaint to Mr Bryan Carter personally about the attitude of 'his' staff..In the first instance, I would CCA (see template section) them both and wait to see what replies you get from them. You'll need to tell them at some point that the account/s are 'in dispute'. I may be wrong, but I think they become 'in dispute' once you've sent the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Just hate every DCA out there

Hello, I feel you should send the CCA request first to the people who are collecting the money, send them this with the £1.00 fee, as you have been paying pay this next installment, once 12 working days have past THEN stop payments as they have then defaulted, after a futher 1 calendar month they commit a criminal offence.

Seand the original creditors the SAR asking for ALL information on you. They have 40 days in which to send this information.

It is the CCA that puts an account into dispute.

Good luck.

Saxon