Received Today

eglington
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My bank asked for £5 for my 6 years worth of statements and I told them that under the Data Protection Act these were my property and they had no right charging me - they backed down. I am now collating all the charges and will be writing, using the standard letter kindly provided, to my bank. I will let you know the outcome.

Forward into the battle....etc etc etc

Originally Posted by eglington

is it better to send the first standard letter to my local bank or should I send it to Nat West Head Office?

My husband is a taxi driver and his money is paid into the bank regularly - unfortunately usually a day after the direct debits - you can imagine the number of times we have incurred charges - even if there was sufficient money to pay a couple of the dd's they did not pay them and have charged us sometime two or three times because they wouldn't cover the dd's that actually could be paid, they lumped the lot together!!

sorry about that, i'm steaming. lol

Send it to the registered offices - the branch will just forward it there anyway.

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything after sending my first letter (recorded post) to my bank. I will be sending the second letter to them on Wednesday - after giving them two weeks to reply. Let you know any outcome.

I have received a letter today dated 7th April enclosing a booklet "Customer complaints Making things better"

"Thank you for your letter of 29th March 2006 and I apologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and trasparent. We consider that the cmounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

Against that background, we must differ to the views expressed in your letter. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to your account must stand.

I trust I have now resolved your concern. However,if you wish to discuss this further please contact me, or a member of my team, at the Customer Lending Centre, Wimbledon on 0845 300 9639 Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm.

I enclose a leaflet, which explains more about our complaint procedures and includes details of what to do if you are not happy with the outcome.

Yours sincerely, Jay Petersen Customer Care Team."

Please let me know if there is anything in this letter which would stop me from sending the second letter.

Many thanks,

editsign.gifTHREADS JOINED. COULD YOU PLEASE KEEP ALL YOUR POSTS ON THE SAME THREAD, IT WILL MAKE THINGS EASIER ON EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOURSELF. THANKS.

if you click on your name >>> find all posts started by ...... you will find your original thread .. then just reply to thread .. ( rest edited as I now see what you meant )

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have received today a Notice that Acknowledgment of Service has been Filed.

Also a copy of the 'Response Pack' . They say they intend to defend all of this claim. The defendant's solicitor is Lynsey Burgoyne - I wonder if she is dealing with anybody else' claim.

We are both very new to court proceedings and have now started our case against the NatWest. Apparently they have 28 days to file an acknowledgement.

I suppose I just sit and wait for the next letter.

We are both pensioners and are at a loss as to know what to do if and when we have to appear at Court. Can anybody help please. Have you 'been there and done it' - what happens and what are we supposed to say.

They seem to always acknowledge the claim and there are now a number of threads running where they have actually filed a defense on the 28th day. At this point they may well make an offer (did in my case). I, and others, are at this point and have returned allocation questionaires waiting for thier next step.

read around some of the longer running natwest threads and just hold your nerve till they make the next move.

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Nat West seem to be deciding whether to offer settlements or defend depending on the amount of the claim.

I would guess that they are likely to defend in your case because the claim is large. They will probably respond with a pretty short defence reserving the right to file in more detail later. They will also try to bamboozle you with a request for information. You don't have to respond to this and, in any event, if they do file, please post back here and we will help you through the process.

I can't promise you that this won't end up in a court hearing but, based on past experience, this is quite unlikely.

Hi Seminole

Thank you so much for your reply. I really hope it doesn't end up in court - but if it does we'll have to face it. I am really reassured by all of your help and just to know there is someone willing to be of assistance to us stops us worrying just that little bit more.

regards,

• 1 month later...

HI

I have just received my allocation questionaire, also it looks like we have the same person defending for corbetts...

just to let you know they have defended their case, Im claiming £4248 plus interest of £766.01 which has now taken me over the £5k to £5014 not including costs...

good luck and I will keep watching your thread

Lynne

Hi Lynne

Please try to keep it under 5k. If it goes over they are likely to go to court. I believe the small claims court will only take the cases under 5k. I didn't claim the interest because it took me over. My claim is now finished and NatWest have paid up, including the £150 which were court fees.

Good luck

Hi Lynne,

Just wanted to clear something up. If your claim is for £4248 and your 8% interest amounts to £766, then it doesn't matter if you go over 5K. You just need to keep your inital claim amount (i.e the amount sent in your Letter before Action to your bank) below £5000.

Nick

NatWest-

Data Protection Act Request sent 12/04 (Statements arrived 09/06/06!!!!!!!!!)

Parachute Account Created 25/04

Preliminary Letter Sent 09/06/06 reply received 14/06/06

LBA Sent 14/06/06 reply received 20/06/06

Moneyclaim request issued 27/06/06

Defence arrived 29/07/06

Offer of 50% from Cobbetts 03/08/06

Settled in full 23/08/06

Hi Lynne

Please try to keep it under 5k. If it goes over they are likely to go to court. I believe the small claims court will only take the cases under 5k. I didn't claim the interest because it took me over. My claim is now finished and NatWest have paid up, including the £150 which were court fees.

Good luck

There is nothing to stop you trying to claim back anything you didn't include in your first claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks