husband's aunt is being harrassed by debt collectors who are after her son.

emmaf01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

My husband's aunt is being harrassed by debt collectors who are after her son.

Her son inherited their home when his father died. He then took out a considerable amount of loans, both secured on the property and unsecured.

Then he had a breakdown and was unable to pay the money back. His mother, who was also residing in the property, was unaware of the scale of his debts and lost her home when it had to be sold, and there are still considerable sums outstanding.

My husband's aunt has now benn housed in a council flat, alone. She received no money from the sale of her home. Now she is receiving phonecalls from neighbours, past and present saying people have been knocking on their doors, asking for her by her christian name, saying they have to get in touch with her urgently. These neighbours think there is an urgent family crisis, and give her the phone number supplied to them, only for her to find it is a debt collection company wanting to enquire about her son.

The worry and embarassment felt by this sick, elderly lady is considerable.

Is there anything she can do to stop this harrassment?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Does she have the address for these absolute scumbags? If so, print off a copy of the harrassment by telephone letter, get her to sign it, and send it off to them. If your mother's name wasn't on any of the agreements they have NO right to hassle her in this way. They are unprincipled scumbags who would love you to believe that everything they're doing is legal and above-board but it's NOT. Hopefully a more experienced user will be along shortly to give you more advice.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

Just after I spoke to her last about this, the head of the association of DCAs was on Watchdog, saying they never do underhand tricks like this.

There was a hell of a lot of swearing at the TV in our house!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They are such LIARS! One DCA accepted £10 a month from me on a £200 debt. I missed one payment due to being terminally confused over my pay date, and they phoned saying I was £150 in arrears. Interesting, I said, considering I've missed one payment for £10. They replied that they'd never agreed to that and I laughed hollowly and informed them I have a letter stating that they'd accept it. Idiots. Trying to squeeze more money from me, eh? Not bloody likely.

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

They can't get what we haven't got!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• dx100uk changed the title to husband's aunt is being harrassed by debt collectors who are after her son.