have I gone wrong with interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I started of on the Moneysaver website with their template letter (sorry forgot about this site and thought the letters would be the same).

I used the letter that asks for the the return of my bank charges plus intrest, which totalled £1,420.00 . And used this letter as my first letter to ask for my money back Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more,

I have now had a letter off Halifax offering me half the money - which I am not going to accept, and thought I would do a little reseach first and by chance came back onto this website - where I read lots of people saying do not ask for the interest at this stage.

Have I gone wrong in asking for the interest or should I just continue for the full settlement with interest.

Your views would be appreciated.

many thanks

Smtten

xxxx

thank you for a quick response

this is the letter (template with my totals added) I used from Money saver

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to Halifax Bank of going into unauthorised overdraft.

The charges total £1,190.00 plus as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money I have calculated £230.00 interest at the statutory rate, the amount the court will award.

I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount of £1,420.00 I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

are you saying phone them before sending the response to settlement letter and acknowledge I have received there offer of £712 and decline this and mention that I will accept the £1,190.00 which is without intrest.

and see what he says

Yes and if you dont get to speak to the person who wrote the letter, wait and try again as this is the person who has been dealing with you not who answers the phone straight away as they will just tell you that the offer is final, they say that because they do not have the authority to settle so be aware and keep me informed, good luck.

Well I phoned today and spoke to the person who wrote me the first offer, I said I was declining his offer but would accept the full amount minus the interest a bit of haggling later I got £1100.00 yes I know its £90 less but I am well happy

He said did I have the original acceptance form (with the £712 offer) and to delete that and put in the new figure - I have done this and will make sure I have a photo copy of it before I send back. - Do I need to enclose a letter with this as well?

many thanks George for your time, I have given you a good review on the little scales

Well done on your success and all the time it took was a phone call.

I would do as they suggested and alter the amount then send back.

Thanks for the scales thingy, to be honest i only found out what that was for last week, lol, any peeps who have given me advicse since i joined didnt have their scales hit by me oops, will need to start hitting them.