Toni V Abbey

tonif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a good look through some of the threads and advice on this site and are now ready to atart my action against Abbey. Just looking over my last 4 months I have had charges of £850. I have tried to have a chat with my local branch but the only advice they could give me was the Debt Managment phone number. Great idea if you want to go into the branch and beg for some money to buy your weekly shopping!!!!

I have printed out the SAR and am just wondering if I make the cheque out to Abbey?

My daughter is also claiming but she has requested them by phone.

Any advice is greatly received. Thank you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats where all our charges go, a years worth of statments in 12 envelopes! I have now got a years worth of charges on the spreadsheet and I can not believe I have paid £2380 with still 5 years to add in.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the standard 2 letters from Abbey last week. The complaints one and confirming my SAR. (This was actually signed by a person!).

I have also opened an account with Natwest ready for when I close my Abbey account.

I have also been telling everyone I know about this site as most people still do not realise that we can take on the banks.

• 2 weeks later...

I take that back, Natwest have refused my Step account application after they saw my statement from Abbey!!

It looks as if my credit rating could be bad. Has anyone any ideas as to an account that is a bit more accepting. My only other option is to stay with Abbey.

• 2 weeks later...

All statements now received well within the 40 days Wow!!

I have put all the charges from 23/11/01 to present day onto the spreadsheet and they total £4643.

Time to have a good read through the next step. Looks like we may even be able to take a small holiday this year!

All statements now received well within the 40 days Wow!!

I have put all the charges from 23/11/01 to present day onto the spreadsheet and they total £4643.

Time to have a good read through the next step. Looks like we may even be able to take a small holiday this year!

Hi send the prelim letter asking for your cash back.

Hi toni,

First big step taken, well done! Join the club and keep reading...........

:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

No luck with NatWest in the end for a parachute account, Lloyds basic account looks ideal as there is no Co-op bank our way.

Abbey have had their 14 days so the Letter Before Action is off to them today, recorded of course!

And since the prelim I have had more charges it is now £4883.

What has made me laugh this week is that according to my statements Abbey have kindly refunded 3 returned cheques charges, I have not had any cheques returned and the refunded charges are £30 which is for clearing cheques, returned cheques are £35!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for that. I'm a bit peeved they have not offered a good will payment yet as it would have come in handy, but it only means I will have a couple more charges to add when I take them to court!!!

Just received the standard " we are currently investigating your complaint.......4 weeks ago........taking longer than expected..........if we are unable to complete investigation...... write again in 4 weeks etc"

They received my LBA 2 weeks ago and this was in reply to the letter sent 4 weeks ago!!!

Another letter to ignore. Court forms will be done Monday morning.

Filled in claim online. Just wanted to double check that my claim amount at the bottom of the form is amount only and not interest, as interest is going to go up every day.

Hello Toni

The total amount at the bottom of the form is total amount of charges plus interest upto & including the date you put your claim in!

At the end of your POC, you should have a little sentence mentioning the fact that interest will still be added to the claim at an amount of £x per day until judgement or settlement of the claim.

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!