Halifax give me the hump!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have so much beef with Halifax. From the 22/1/07 to 29/1/07 they have taken £120 bank charges from me and will be taking a further £129.00 tomorrow (Monday 5/2/07)

Halifax paid a switch payment for £4.62 and are now charging me £30.00 for doing so!

To add more insult, I took out a loan before Christmas and asked that the re payments start on 31/1/07 as that is when I get paid. All was agreed (by telephone I might add)

They rejected the loan payment on 23/1/07 and I have been charged a further £39.00.

They did send a nice letter on 29/1/07 which I recieved on 1/2/07 stating it was unfortunate they rejected the loan payment and could I ring them to make payment.

I then received another, rather nasty letter dated 30/1/07 stating if I ignore this letter they will seek further action to recover the debt. This is for the loan payment due 23rd February 2007!!!

I thought it was illegal to send 2 debt letters for the same debt within a day of each one?

I feel so stressed out as I have to work full time as my husband no longer can as he is disabled (Due to a misdiagnosis at the hospital) and I just seem to be working to pay bank charges.

Now they have taken all this money, I do not have any money to live on for the rest of the month and so the sorry cycle will go on where they will pay items, reject others and charge me £30.00 a time for the priveledge.

That's awful...start taking action to get those (and all the others you've had) back. Banks LOVE kicking people when they're down and now is the time for us all to stand strong together and get these unlawful charges back. I had a similar thing a while back, they ended up taking £360 in a week. I was almost in tears out of sheer frustration when I was on the phone to them at the time. They just do not give one solitary sh1t about their customers or the circumstances we sometimes find ourselves in.

I hope you can get it sorted...the people on here are brilliant and there will be people that have been in the same situation as you that will know the best course of action for you.

Good luck and don't let them get you down.

Hi Iona firstly dont let them get you down they are in the wrong not you this is YOUR money and through this site you will claim that back and have the last laugh, i know it seems hard to believe because the bank will make it sound so but stay focussed and read up as much as you can when you can. start a thread in the relevant FORUM so you can update it when something new happens so as peeps can help you when you cant find the answer yourself.

Firstly send them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which can take up to 40 days to arrive, use this time to read up.

Secondly TREAT THEM AS THEY HAVE TREATED YOU OVER THE YEARS.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Thank you so much.

I felt so totally alone with all of this and to be honest, very ashamed I was in debt, (only due to bank charges)

I feel a wave of relief and alot stronger that people are rooting for me (and others in this position) and all the help is here from all the good people on this site.

Do not feel ashamed you have nothing to be ashamed of it is the banks who have been caught with their hand in our pockets and it is the banks who will have to answer to this. I often think of all the times they made me feel powerless to act and always assumed they were acting lawfully, never gave that a second thought and the weeks sometimes totally skint due to charges and phoning them to get a ITS your fault your in this situation stance.

Its payback time and as i said earlier TREAT THEM AS THEY TREATED YOU OVER THE YEARS.

Send your sar (link sent) then read up loads whilst waiting

Go for it Iona..

I am in very similar circumstances as you.. hubby not well, DD's coming out on the wrong dates etc.. I have also made numerous phone calls trying to reason with the Halifax to no avail...I know you feel deflated at the mo but you will soon start to feel better when you get the ball rolling.. The people on this site are amazing! I sent my prelim off on the 02nd of february and they charged me again the same day! :mad: But instead of feeling down I thought hmmm I can let em borrow it for a few weeks.. CAUSE IM GETTING IT BACK :D..

I will say though that I phoned for my statements and they arrived in 7 days.. I have noticed that people are sending SAR's and having to wait a long time till they get their statements.. It is up to you, maybe order them by phone and send a confirmation letter out to say you have ordered them and they have 40 days to comply etc... Have a feeling you will receive them quicker..:rolleyes:

I will keep an eye on your posts and if I can help I will...

AtMoSpHeRiC XX

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D