phill123vnatwest

phill123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,i sent my SAR on the 25 january for four different account so far i haven't have any statement back still waiting. although i just received a letter from natwest tellimg me that the derfault me on my credit card which is about 2/3 of the debt is due to their unlawfull charges ( i retained some of the statement but not all of them ) sometimes i was even charge four -five time for late payment fee returned direct debit etc ... can i call them to ask to remove the default as this account is in dispute ? and if so , and don't comply what should i do ?

any help or advise will be appreicated. thank u .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank u for your advice it is much appreciated just done the letter and schedule of charge ready to go for monday recorded delivery. however, i have an other question i have also an advantage gold account and in those statement i see some labelled CTEE PYMT FEE, CHQ 123 £XX.XX and which they charge me from 30 to 105 pounds, i think this is for unpaid item or unpaid cheques can i claim them back too ?

hi everyone, just rang up natwest be aware for a bounced cheque or unpaid item it can be callled on your statement GTEE PYMT FEE and you can claim it back as it is only covered unpaid item and bounced cheques especially the latter one .

i just rang up natwest and they acknowledge the fact that 1/ GTEE PYMT FEE relate to unpaid cheque and 2/ that is not acknowledge by their rate and fees widely avalaible in your branch and there is no mention of GUARANTEED PAYMENT FEE published as so so it is concealing and deceptive by my understamding. call natwest today agree with my statement and to the fact that my charge was a a bit excessive the last few month i was charged excessiuve amount of money even though i was in credit .

Phil, you are wrong and the person who told you that is wrong. GTEE PYMT FEE used to be called card misuse fee. I am an expert on charges and it has nothing to do with not paying a cheque but the opposite.

thank you natiie your answer are really helpfull and they are really much appreciated. you should consuider working for a consummer groups or debt conselling lol ! as usual natwest lie to me i was supposse to have a phone call regarding the fact that my benefit was/are swallowed by charges and i didn't nevermind it reinforce me to claim back those charges . so if GTEE PYMT FEE are for misuse charge can i claim them back too ? because 105 pounds for this charges seems to be excessive for some cheques worth 3 pounds althought some of tthem exceed the ammount of charge , can i claim them back too without my claim being thrown out as it seemed that they charge me fpor those charges and let the cheque go throught the following day, this has let me doubting me about the worth claiming back sorry typing mistake i am not english and welcome any help or criticism > thank you for your help .

I think the lie is too strong but it is a misunderstanding of what it is. Yes you can claim them back, it effectively is charging you for guaranteeing a cheque that has taken you over you overdraft limit, a bit of a double whammy really. Don't worry about the typing, i misspell things at times as well which makes what i think I want to say sounds like nonsense. Good Luck and add the additional £105 to your schedule.

update sent SAR request on the 29/01/2007 receive satement from only one account advantage gold from 2002 , and one year missing. senf preliminary letters on the 5th february for four account advantage gold, step account and also mastercard aand visa card. just been told that i cannot used cheque anymore and they are defaulted me from the mastercard account. well it is all nice and lovely since they receive my premiliminary letter lol . in total i m a claiming just under 2 000 pounds ( for the aboce account plus removal of default but not climing back interest) in charges from 2002 sounds promising it is well above what i am earning (and i am working part time as i am a student) and what i can repaid but well i was forced to take a loan to recovered my overdraft and charges. sorry for this moan i am well frustrated by the amount the took away over the years. nevermond this site has brialliant advice and support . good luck to everyone for they claim.

Moaning is good. It's good to meerly get it all off your chest and then breathe a sigh of relief!!!!

Good on you for taking it thus far.

It can be a long-winded and frustrating process for some and for others it can be over in a flash with their money nicely tucked away before you can say jack frost!!!!

Either way, and as you are aware, we are here to help you through the good the bad and even the ugly:D

Keep the faith.

Best of luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

thank you fgor you support. i sent my preliminary letter to natwest on the 5 february for four account which include two credit card. however, i receive the sodd off letter on the 8/02/2007 which say

"dear phill123.

thank u for you letter of the 5 february 2007 concerning your Natwest Card services.

In view of your comments, i have forwarded your correspondence on the appropriate department who deal with the isue you have raised. I have instructed them to look into this matter and respond to you in due course.

for your information,, i have enclosed a leaflet which explaim the bank complaint handling procedure. "

wait until the 19 feb to send my LBA or can i send it now ? any advice on this matter . thank you for your patience.

It's always best to stick to the timetable you've set. That way, if it ever goes to court, the judge will see you have been both fair and reasonable. I'd give them 'til the 19th.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

hi everyone,

i receive this letter from natwest regarding the data protection act and i have many problem getting my SAR, i receive some but a lot were misisng i asked for the last six year and use the templatre provided but still no sucess. i had already most of my statement only few were missing today i recieve a letter from them saying this:

"Dear Phill123,

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

i write to you with regards to your recent letter requesting a complete list of transaction and charges appplied to your account under the datas protection act 1998.

to receive a complete list of transaction and charges we can only send you a copy of your bank satements. ( although not all charges are showing in ther bank statement such as default notice)

if you like a copy of your bank statement, i will be happy to arrange this and they will be sent top you directly. the fee for this is £5.00 .

i would be gratefrull if you could forward a cheque made payable to "natwest" ( which i did last month )

blah blah ...... "

anyone has any idea on what i should do next ? because i think they arfe not willing to comply lol any help will be appreciated.

hi nattie , thanks you for you help. however, this letter is from the regulatory risk and the cheque i send was for ten pounds when i called then thewy told me they haven't received any letter when i mention that they receive and i have proff of delivery they mention that they system just crashed down. well as it though they are the mickey out of me lol. it is so frustrating.

phil, it may be a standard letter, so please feel free to do so and point this out, as I said this is not the time in which delays are deliberate but I do think there are a lot of SAR's in the system at the moment, not to condone it. JMHO

hyeveryone,

just sent my LBA today. however, i just received a letter from Natwest in response to my claim

" ....Although the OFT produced a statement inapril2006 copncerning the nature of these charges,we do not accept theirfindings in respect of credit card fees. Although a response has been submitted to the OFt i do not feel it pertinent to comment at this time. Whilst strongly disagreeing with the findings Natwest has lowered the fees charged to 12 pounds as of 28 june 2006. However, we do not feel claims for monies processed prior to this to be refunded to the lower rate. ......i do not feel yopur commnet s surrounding any unlawfull action, on behalf of natwest to be justified. .... Any charges or default regiastered against thew account was due to breach of contract..... therefore it is not possible for any adverse action taken against your account to ber efunded or removed as you have ben provided with oportunities to avoid such situation ...."

is this a normal sodd off letter from them ? can i still claim back the 12 pounds andhave my default removed ? as it was due to the charge without them i would have been within the credit limit. thaqnks you for any advice offered. :D

seems quite normal to me, just give them the 14 days then file a claim at court, by the way they are going now you might get paid before the 14 days are up

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

thank you for your help so i can still claim back the 12 pounds charge fee. can natwest be fined or reprimand by the OFT by not following it's guideline and refusing to take their position uinder the unfair terms of contract?

No is the answer but the OFT never said £12 is the law only that they would take action if the banks did not lower them to that amount which was considered on the high side. You have to claim back everything unless NatWest reveals costs.

hi at the beginning of the account iwas charge twice 20 pounds for late payment fee and thereafter 12 pounds for unpaid DD , late payment fee overlimit fee. it comes over 200 pounds which took me over my credit limit fee i asked many ties to natwest toreveal their administrative costr and refuser to do si saying thsty i wasd over the limit and that was my own fault if i was charged even though i was paying within the deadline. anyway i want some clarification can i claim back all this 12 pounds which come over 200 pounds as natwest refuse to disclose this admisnistrative cost and by so it is an unfair term of contract ? any suggestion will be appreciated. :D

sorry i understood it , correct me if i am wrong, i can claim back those accumulating 12 pounds as they have nmot disclose their true cost as the OFT say it us not illegal but excessively high . so i can argue that they are making profit from those charges and by so it is an unfair term . i would love to claim back everything but they keep delaying my SAR request they have 18 days left to comply as few statement missing as well those ldefault letter which for one credit card i have never received.

hi again i sent my LBA on the 19th february but i received the rest of my cerdit card statement today and some charge are missign from the original schedule of charge do i need to send a new LBA or just wait until i filed a court claim as they are not willing for the moment to refunds the charges? Moreover, on my statement i have some unpaid direct debit which equal to the original amount due on my credit card can i reclaim those back as well as return payment fee?(i.e.: a direct debit put on my credit card for 11 pounds and unpaid direct debit the following day for 11 pounds) . any advice will be appreciated. thank you for your time.