still making charges after complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Apologies for not posting for a while.

I think i've been conned by the bank. Last month the bank wrote to me making me an offer, which I refused. They then came back with another offer of 3,124, which I accepted. However by problem is that in the weeks which it took for them to transfer the offer into my account the continued to apply unfair charges to the account.

When calling the dept' and querring this I was informed that they could close my account if i made another claim.

Don't know what to do now, as when the money was eventually transferred into the account, the had applied charges that amounted to £950.

Do i reapply for these unfair charges? Or do I just keep my mouth closed (as it were).

Please advice if you can, little unsure of what to do. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did you do?

Thanks

Guest ian cognito

Is that £950 since you made your claim???

Thats YOUR money - they may well close your account but they're not the only bank - open another account elsewhere, transfer your DD's and wages over then get your money back, this time I wouldn't bother accepting offers either!!

Good luck

You go for it savlamar! I am fed up with Halifax.. I now have an account with Alliance and Leicester :D I am in the process of moving everything over! Halifax will not take another penny from me.. I sent off my prelim yesterday morning.. only to find they charged me again yesterday afternoon :o.. charge to come out on the 8th!:mad:

GET YA MONEY BACK HUN! I am...;)

AtMoSpHeRiC XX

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D